• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked It will be Harder to win a NC next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had the best defense in the country, period. They would have beaten Alabama, Auburn, Missouri, South Carolina, and Clemson, and held their own against Oklahoma. They would have rattled Jameis even more than Auburn did.

You are right, though. They were not the 3rd best team. They were the 2nd best team in the country.

They would have lost to all of those teams.

While it's true that having to win 2 games against elite competition is more difficult than having to win one, it's also easier to get into the 4 team playoff than it was to get into a 2 team BCS title game.

That is a great point...although the play-off makes it harder to win the thing on the field, at the same time it makes it a bit easier to get a shot at it. I would assume that the B1G Champ will get serious play-off consideration every year. So, if the Huskers can win the B1G in 2014, they should definitely be in the discussion for a play-off spot. If they should get in, they will have to play brilliant football to have any success.

Last edited:

They had the best defense in the country, period. They would have beaten Alabama, Auburn, Missouri, South Carolina, and Clemson, and held their own against Oklahoma. They would have rattled Jameis even more than Auburn did.

You are right, though. They were not the 3rd best team. They were the 2nd best team in the country.

You're the Johnny Manziel of HuskerMax in terms of entertainment value! :lol:

+1

C'mon now they beat some pretty good teams this past season.

Stanford was a great win but also a great matchup for MSU. Ohio State is a good team, not great. Not really another quality win for them but a suspect loss.

Much truth in that statement....but the Rose Bowl champs are on our schedule, and Wisconsin coulda/shoulda beat the team (SC) that finished 3rd in the final rankings. Ohio State could emerge as the East champion, showing itself to be better than both MSU and Whiskey.

Not exactly sure what players MSU, tOSU, and Whiskey are losing (I know Borland is gone) but the NU schedule looks pretty salty to me. Iowa played right with LSU in the Bowl game, so they are no pushover. Winning the B1G in 2014 will be a very stiff challenge, IMHO.

MSU is a good team but not great, same with Wisconsin. Sucks that both are on the road but neither should be too tall of a task if we can get adequate QB play and the defense is playing like we expect them to. Northwestern, Iowa and the rest are not at the same level which is not to say they can't beat us but we would have to help them out imo.

Last sentence I agree with but the problem is we have a tendency of "helping" teams out. If that isn't reversed, more of the same, a nice 9 win season.

Last sentence I agree with but the problem is we have a tendency of "helping" teams out. If that isn't reversed, more of the same, a nice 9 win season.

Absolutely. We have to stop being a key ingredient in teams victories over us.

Checking to make certain everyone is calm.

calmer-than-you-are.jpg

:Biggrin:

Attachments

• calmer-than-you-are.jpg
    calmer-than-you-are.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back