• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Isaac Copeland, G'Town transfer is "N"

Not sure what this guy's issue is this year but....he's basically playing terrible basketball. Shooting 27% from the field....he was 43 and 45% his first two year. Minutes have dropped from 32 a game to 20 this year. Could be he's just mentally checked out?

I have no data to back this up...just seeing transfers at NU and Creighton. But I like the idea of a kid at a smaller school tearing up his conference and then looking to "move up"....as opposed to a guy who is just unhappy where he is at and looking to get out.

Pettaway (TT?) and Pitchford (Fla?) were obviously the reason NU made the dance but overall I'm not sure they were good for the program. Gill (Louisville) wasn't doing much.

At CU they had a kid from Louisville...everyone was excited as he was a "4* recruit" and...Louisville. But I don't even remember his name and he was just OK. Ricky Kreklow from Cal was an important part of CU's post Doug McDermott season so that was a good one (he was a walk-on essentially). Watson and Huff have been huge though. Watson dominated at Boston U and wanted to play in the Big East. Huff was really good at Nevada and wanted an upgrade as well. Those guys have worked out really well.

Small sample size but I think you need to be selective.

THAT SAID...if this guy has a good attitude he's got the size to help NU. Would he sit 2nd semester/1st semester then have 1.5 years to play?

You add this guy to your roster 100 times out of 100 if he wants to come here. Then you immediately pop a bottle of Cristal to celebrate. There's really nothing else that needs to be said, it's that simple.

I think there may be a better than average chance Isaac decides to come to Nebraska. First he is interested enough to make an OV to Lincoln. Then Kenya Hunter recruited him when he was at G'town. I also have read where Isaac was friends with Anton Gill in HS.

Looks like he was one of the highest 4 stars coming into college. He has the talent but for some reason it hasn't happened for him.

He would have 2.5 years to complete 1.5 years of competition? It is a weird one, but his senior year he might be able to get into the flow. I wonder if he could play power forward?

If he's on our roster next year, I'm not sure how we'd use him. It's been a while so don't take this has absolute fact, but in the couple games I watched Georgetown the past few years, I believe he played the 3, the 4, and I could have swore I seen him playing the 5 at certain times.

How we would use him would probably be based on the development of Jordy. If Jordy develops into a 25 minute starter at the 5 (like I hope he does), then Copeland would probably be the 6th man, backing up Roby and Morrow at the 3 and 4. Wouldn't that be something. If Jordy isn't quite there yet, than Copeland might start at the 4 along side Morrow at the 5.

Watson
Taylor
Gill
Palmer
Roby
Horne
McVeigh
Morrow
Jacobson
Jordy

Then add Nana and possibly Copeland. How's that rotation going to work out? Obviously there will be transfers at the end of the year, it's college basketball, there always is. I'm assuming Nick Fuller will grad transfer out and look for some playing time at a lower level than the Big 10.

This will be interesting to watch. If he is actually serious about considering a transfer to Nebraska, and Miles brings him in, I hope it is not to the detriment of Roby's playing time and development. I am all for getting the best talent on the floor, but Roby should benefit the remainder of this season from the Gill injury in terms of rotation frequency and minutes ... Roby will be better next year for it, making Nebraska better.

I know the staff is excited about Nana coming in next year, I would anticipate he gets every opportunity to contribute as a Frosh ... Again, if bringing Copeland in getting the best talent on the floor - that fits - by all means.

. . . a source told FanRag Sports that [Copeland] will undergo back surgery in the next few days and miss the next two-to-three months before he can resume physical activity.. . .

A former five-star recruit out of high school, Copeland would have two years of eligibility remaining if he receives a medical redshirt from the NCAA for this past season.

A separate source told FanRag Sports that Copeland received his unconditional release from Georgetown on Thursday.

If Isaac Copeland is granted a Medical Redshirt, I have read that he would be eligible to play immediately next season. If the medical is not granted he would probably become eligible to play next January.

It is probably between us and KU.

(Just a Guess, but let's 'Pack The Vault' for Thursday's game vs Iowa! ;))

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back