• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Is Suh a thug, a punk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize the position he plays means you need to be mean and nasty when your on the field, but there is no need to play dirty, do some of the things he does. Now, his off field is starting to come into play. Whatever a person does, you can do it with high morals and character.

I didnt have a favorite NFL team and then somewhat adopted the Lions when he went there, even bought a few shirts. I guess just a bit dissapointing at this point.

A monster at NU his senior year and should have won the Heisman trophy. He was easily the best player in the country bar none. That said, what has happened to him? All these incidents on the field? Now the car wreck (how can you trash a 70 SS Chevelle, I had one)? The lies about stomping on that player? The lies about the woman in the car being hurt? What the hell is wrong with him? I defended his on field antics last year, but now, I really have no defense for him. It mostly seems pretty clear.......doesn't it? I'm quite dissapointed with his actions.

The on the field actions are embarrassing, but lets be honest, the biggest reason why Suh's stomp in the Packers game is such a big talking point, is because it happened on Thanksgiving. If this happened in some noon kickoff in week 11 of the regular season, no one's talking about it anymore. Doesn't excuse what he did, but the timing of the incident is playing a bigger role than the incident itself.

As far as lying about the woman injured, did he have some sort of jedi mind-trick on the woman, keeping her from saying something. It could be completely plausible that the woman had no idea who Suh was, and only came forward when her husband figured out she was with Suh. I watch NFL games with my wife (who is not a NU fan), and I would be shocked if she could pick Suh out of a lineup, or would recognize his name, especially if she were out drinking. Again, doesn't excuse his actions, but lets not act like he's some sort of horrible human.

The on the field actions are embarrassing, but lets be honest, the biggest reason why Suh's stomp in the Packers game is such a big talking point, is because it happened on Thanksgiving. If this happened in some noon kickoff in week 11 of the regular season, no one's talking about it anymore. Doesn't excuse what he did, but the timing of the incident is playing a bigger role than the incident itself.

Dick Butkus said his goal every game was to hurt someone. If he didn't hurt anybody he didn't do his job. Has football changed that much or have fans changed that much that a little physicality is considered a bad thing? I think Suh is "developing his Brand" as the toughest mutha in football. Good luck Suh.

No.

The only legitimate complaint is his handling of the alleged stomping, which happen in and in the immediate aftermath of a heated game.

This crap about him supposedly lying at the accident is based on days old changes to stories by witnesses and a "investigative" news report, neither of which is likely accurate.

The rest of the on field stuff has been completely over blown, and even that dirty player poll has been misconstrued. Several guys who voted for suh said they do so based on the idea that he plays the most intense (and more than a couple said they wish they had a guy like him on their team).

Im surprised so many husker fans have fallen for a media narrative that's ginned up to create ratings as much as show truth.

Suh does not play anymore dirty then how they played back in the good ole days of the NFL! His main problem is that he plays in this new pretty pink panties now nfl where you can't lay a finger on the quarterback!

Are some of the things that he does wrong and against the rules? Sure! He also plays in No Man's Land where up to now Men were Men! Used to be if two linemen were blocking you by holding and the refs did nothing about it, then you took care of it yourself! Now that being said Suh does have to get smart and realize that he is a marked man and for awhile at least, toe the line!

Dick Butkus said his goal every game was to hurt someone. If he didn't hurt anybody he didn't do his job. Has football changed that much or have fans changed that much that a little physicality is considered a bad thing? I think Suh is "developing his Brand" as the toughest mutha in football. Good luck Suh.

I would say what he did on the ground would have been ignored. Much worse stuff happens in the pile of a fumble recovery. It was the stomp that did him in, and the fact it happened on Thanksgiving.

Suh does not play anymore dirty then how they played back in the good ole days of the NFL! His main problem is that he plays in this new pretty pink panties now nfl where you can't lay a finger on the quarterback!

Are some of the things that he does wrong and against the rules? Sure! He also plays in No Man's Land where up to now Men were Men! Used to be if two linemen were blocking you by holding and the refs did nothing about it, then you took care of it yourself! Now that being said Suh does have to get smart and realize that he is a marked man and for awhile at least, toe the line!

I generally agree with your point. The League is a technician's game now, and a lot of guys (mostly vets) don't like players like suh playing with that sort of tenacity.

I realize the position he plays means you need to be mean and nasty when your on the field, but there is no need to play dirty, do some of the things he does. Now, his off field is starting to come into play. Whatever a person does, you can do it with high morals and character.

I didnt have a favorite NFL team and then somewhat adopted the Lions when he went there, even bought a few shirts. I guess just a bit dissapointing at this point.
I find it interesting you let another man dictate so much of what you feel and do...... Tell us about your father.

The stomping was stupid.... everything else is pretty much normal... give him a break, he's still very young.

Oh no...He's a THUG i tell you! Hide the women and children if he's coming to your town....oh the humanity! Oh God, He just scares the bajeebers outa me! Lock him up! PLEASE SAVE THE WORLD OF THIS MONSTER SUH!

AGREE Skunkman!

I remember Conrad Dobler, Jack Lambert, Lyle Alzado, Jack Tatum, The entire Raider team for that matter... guys were tough then...I think some of the younger posters need to toughen up a bit and quit being such wussies!

Oh no...He's a THUG i tell you! Hide the women and children if he's coming to your town....oh the humanity! Oh God, He just scares the bajeebers outa me! Lock him up! PLEASE SAVE THE WORLD OF THIS MONSTER SUH!

Antoine_Dodson_Hide_Your_Kids_Hide_Your_Wife_Hide_your_Kids-s795x799-83731-580.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back