• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is it really about 'Wins and Losses'?

I hope Frost is a great coach. I think that's getting a little ahead of ourselves though. I am focused on short term goals, and great coach status seems to be long term goal.

I'm hoping Frost can get Nebraska to a bowl in year one. Then we'll go from there.

Totally agree!
Win the first one, then move on to the second one. Just because Frost is the HC, does not mean this season, or those in the future, will be an easy task. All of Husker nation wants Frost to succeed. Getting all hyped about immediate success and predicting wins/losses just plays into the trap of unreal fan expectations. And then, if those expectations do not go well, we start the blame games.

Consistency takes time. Believing the media hype is a deep pit into which we all to often fall. We all have to show patience in supporting the coaches and the team. GBR!

Last edited:
Totally agree! Win the first one, then move on to the second one. Just because Frost is the HC, does not mean this season, or those in the future, will be an easy task. All of Husker nation wants Frost to succeed. Getting all hyped about immediate success and predicting wins/losses just plays into the trap of unreal fan expectations. And then, if those expectations do not go well, we start the blame games.

Consistency takes time. Believing the media hype is a deep pit into which we all to often fall. We all have to show patience in supporting the coaches and the team. GBR!

The only blame game I'm playing is on posters trying to put a damper on our excitement and expectations, unless you mean the rest of the B1G better curb their high expectations. :thumbsup: :Cheers:

The only blame game I'm playing is on posters trying to put a damper on our excitement and expectations, unless you mean the rest of the B1G better curb their high expectations. :thumbsup: :Cheers:
I am not trying to put a damper on anyone’s excitement. I, like every other fan, witnessed the painful debacle of last season. I am a realist. As I said previously, far to often we fall victim to the hype.

I am not trying to put a damper on anyone’s excitement. I, like every other fan, witnessed the painful debacle of last season. I am a realist. As I said previously, far to often we fall victim to the hype.

Dang dude, take a chill pill.

I also witnessed the 2007 season. When Pelini was hired, I was excited but I didn't really expect him to turn it around so quick.

I learned my lesson. Good coaches make a difference and Frost is a LOT better than Pelini.

I will be disappointed if he doesn't win 10 games next year. Doesn't mean I'll give up on him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back