• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Is it a recruiting violation to have a recruit at the HuskerMax Holiday Bowl Tailgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskerwirejay

All American
15 Year Member
According to the article David posted, it sounds like it might be. On the other hand, the recruit might be the son of a long time board member and just was hanging with his dad.

(David: Delete this thread if you need to.)

UPDATE: I am going to post this here because there is no point in giving this thread a bump.

I have been asked why I posted this thread. My answer in part is found in an interview David did with NU's compliance officer. It is linked above. Here is a key quote:
you are not permitted to try to recruit that individual to the University of Nebraska or encourage them to be a prospective student athlete for Nebraska. It is not a problem for you to contact Nebraska and tell them about the prospect, but to try to convince the prospect to go to Nebraska, to get them to be interested in Nebraska, and promote Nebraska to them, that would be a violation in itself.
I added the formating. What I wonder is how can anyone talk to a player that has committed (but is still a recruit) and NOT promote Nebraska to them? If was eating chicken wings with Bubba Starling, I'd think I'd say a bit more than, "I am a Husker graduate and I want you to know that the University of Nebraska is a university and it is in Nebraska." If I told him about my memories of running onto the field in front of 76,000 fans, I'd could be in violation, as odd as that sounds. And if anything was said or happened, NU and the player will want to address it before it hurts the school or the kid. That's true anywhere. I am just glad I wasn't there because I sure as hell would have promoted UNL because I had know idea I couldn't.

Last edited:

He was there with another player's family. The tailgate location was not mine. The tailgate was put together by Cameron Meredith's family. A lot of the parents tailgate together and this was their Holiday Bowl tailgate. I did not observe anything that could be considered a violation.

I was their too (on and off) with my daughter and observed nothing either, except folks getting pictures with him....like I did.....no violations at all....he came with the Marlowe family as they were teammates at Cardinal Moody and thus was hanging out with them.....Mrs. Marlowe was very protective of him and knew and knows the rules and remarked as such.....so lets not read something into this that was not there....

Last edited:

I don't think it would be a recruiting violation since he has already singed his LOI, so I don't believe at this point he would be considered a recruit (not positive on that though). I would think that as long as he paid for everything himself, no violations occurred, but who knows with all the rules the NCAA has.

Yes, It is a complete violation of stupidity on someone elses part. Ru kidding me? Go google the rules and quit wasting time.

not a violation but people getting pictures taken with high school kids is downright creepy

Gimmie a break....folks get pictures with players all the time...I'll resist taking a shot in return because its not worth it....have a good evening...

not a violation but people getting pictures taken with high school kids is downright creepy

Last edited:

rr you aren't the first and won't the last in along line of jock sniffers that want pictures with the 18 yr old flavor of the month...wether they be 18 or 22 it's just weird that people want pics taken with kids...but hey whatever floats your boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back