• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Iowa on the bubble now?

Yep, I've been griping about this since p-ville filled me in a couple weeks ago to let me know the committee no longer cares about how a team finishes the regular season. I think it's pretty clear which team is more likely to win a first round game -- Iowa or Nebraska.

But yet they will exclude a team or drop their seed because of an injury, which is clearly ignoring the entire resume and focusing on a recent event or more precisely, a 'projection' of recent events.

It makes no sense why you would take injuries into account going into the tournament, but ignore the recent record of a team that is clearly in free-fall and in no way deserving of a bid.

But yet they will exclude a team or drop their seed because of an injury, which is clearly ignoring the entire resume and focusing on a recent event or more precisely, a 'projection' of recent events.

It makes no sense why you would take injuries into account going into the tournament, but ignore the recent record of a team that is clearly in free-fall and in no way deserving of a bid.
Sorry, disagree. The whole season matters not some streak at the end of year.

Players injuries matter as the team is better with that player and if he is out for the dance will and should hurt that team's seeding.

Players injuries matter as the team is better with that player and if he is out for the dance will and should hurt that team's seeding.

They can say "last 10" aren't considered but anyone who thinks how a team finishes isn't a consideration for seed or inclusion...at least to some degree...is fooling themselves.

Don't count on anything from the NCAA tournament committee. I have seen many deserving teams miss out over the years. Nebraska's chances are decent, but by no means a lock.

You say the "whole season" matters, but you are also saying the "whole season" suddenly doesn't matter if a single player gets injured late? That's inconsistent or hypocritical as a policy.

You're also saying that some bad streak early in the season matters more than a good streak later. Iowa's .500 and barely top half of conference, and is clearly not the team they were earlier in the season. If the "whole season" matters, but you can ignore a very poor stretch late, then why couldn't you ignore a very poor stretch by another team early in the season that is clearly playing at a high level at the end of the yr, high in conference standings, makes a run in their conf. tourney, etc? Nebraska and Iowa are two good examples.

I'm not saying a team should be held out just because of the last 10 games, but teams also shouldn't be held out just because of their first 10 games if they come on late. It should be a factor that is considered on the close calls.

Okie State's rough patch would be another good example this year.

Iowa is playing really bad right now. The Huskers need some better guard play on the offense side of the ball.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back