• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Iowa on the bubble now?

ChitownHusker

Husker Fan
10 Year Member
If not, I think they should be. They have lost 6 of the last 7, and had an RPI of 48 before their disastrous loss to Northwestern. Their RPI should now be in the 50's, with a loss to a sub-100 team to end the season.

If not, I think they should be. They have lost 6 of the last 7, and had an RPI of 48 before their disastrous loss to Northwestern. Their RPI should now be in the 50's, with a loss to a sub-100 team to end the season.

Maybe. It was their only "bad loss" of the year though I believe.

No, they're still in, but their seed is rising faster than......*i can't think of a good joke right now*, but it's rising fast!

They're lucky they had a really good start to the year, because right now they're one of the, if not the, worst team in the B1G right now. They're playing awful defense. An Iowa fan friend of mine said she thinks there's a lot of internal, chemistry related stuff going on.

Further proof that the committee should consider the last 10 games ... why think highly of a team tanking right now ... and be sure, those types of teams rarely suddenly turn it on come tournament time. There's a reason why they are tanking now.

If that's the case, it would be one of the bigger late-season collapses I've seen. Not more than 2-3 weeks ago, Iowa was projected as a 4-seed.
They have completely collapsed. Having watched them play, I would conjecture that they lack team speed which has severely limited their ability to play defense. They're pretty long, but seem to not really care anymore. That's a sign of internal strife.

They have completely collapsed. Having watched them play, I would conjecture that they lack team speed which has severely limited their ability to play defense. They're pretty long, but seem to not really care anymore. That's a sign of internal strife.

I do tend to think there is something mentally awry with the Hawkeyes.

i watched a little bit of the game last night. at one point, Iowa hit a 3 pointer. It was the taller skinny kid, Olaf ? Ullaf? Something like that. I can't recall his name and i'm too lazy to look it up. the point is that after he hit the 3, the announcer noticed that not a single Iowa player offered congrats or showed any signs of joy at him hitting the shot. He wasnt saying it was a sign that they didn't like HIM in particular, but sure seemed to think it was a clear sign that something is wrong with the chemistry of the team.

Scroll during the Michigan/Illinois game still has Iowa as a lock and Huskers as a bubble...

I know the "last ten games" no longer is considered in the selections; but, it seems that it should be...

iowa is not a good team. they are a team just about every other tourney team would love to see in their bracket

Scroll during the Michigan/Illinois game still has Iowa as a lock and Huskers as a bubble...

I know the "last ten games" no longer is considered in the selections; but, it seems that it should be...

Yep, I've been griping about this since p-ville filled me in a couple weeks ago to let me know the committee no longer cares about how a team finishes the regular season. I think it's pretty clear which team is more likely to win a first round game -- Iowa or Nebraska.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back