• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Bill Busch our next ST coach?

Get someone who coaches special teams and is a stud recruiter. I don't know if he can coach special teams but Morrow was an ace in Ohio. Big Ten footprint kids are less likely to leave at the first sign of adversity

Or Frost could coach QBs. He was one and should know what is expected of the position in his offense. Who knows. Guessing there is some movement taking place behind the scenes right now.
Or Frost could coach QBs. He was one and should know what is expected of the position in his offense. Who knows. Guessing there is some movement taking place behind the scenes right now.
This is what I am thinking. And it’s not like Verduzco has to go away. As an analyst there is a lot he could still due with QBs to lessen the load on Frost.

I mean this was a team that allowed TWO fake punts...at key moments .....because the right side contain responsibility was completely ignored/forgotten....whatever.

And kickoffs were a hold your breath experience EVERY time!

and while we are at it....

Scott needs to canvas ALL the local soccer coaches who are sending kids to Lincoln...kids gonna play soccer...or club soccer.... or who just want to go as a student....

And find some skinny kid that while not accurate.....can kick the holy bejusus out of the ball into the end zone or beyond EVERY time.

He or she is out there. Right here in Nebraska...We just need to find that kid.

Last edited:
I'd personally like to see Frost spend more time with a narrower focus.
I’d like that as well. Very few can do what Osborne did. There are some now, some good, some bad. It’s just not for everyone. It puts more pressure on you making sure it’s right, while still making sure the rest of the team is up to par. It’s no knock on anyone, it’s just not for everyone. There have been several blunders that leave you scratching your head during games. Maybe with better awareness of the entire picture, those blunders don’t happen. Anything to make yourself better at your job I’m all for.

I love Scott and thought he would be successful I also grew up around him I’m older competed against him. Scott is very stubborn he won’t make any coaching changes we won’t get a full time ST coach they will all pitch in and he will have pretty much same results as most years. Scott has complete control of this ride and nobody questions him I mean nobody that’s why we don’t run different plays on offense so when this is over he can not blame anybody but himself he could do and hire anybody he wants or needs he just thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room.

And find some skinny kid that while not accurate.....can kick the holy bejusus out of the ball into the end zone or beyond EVERY time.

He or she is out there. Right here in Nebraska...We just need to find that kid.
There is probably a kid on campus now that can/could/has, kicked a football 75 yards. Just a regular student prolly, retired from lifelong soccer. I’d almost bet on it.

I love Scott and thought he would be successful I also grew up around him I’m older competed against him. Scott is very stubborn he won’t make any coaching changes we won’t get a full time ST coach they will all pitch in and he will have pretty much same results as most years. Scott has complete control of this ride and nobody questions him I mean nobody that’s why we don’t run different plays on offense so when this is over he can not blame anybody but himself he could do and hire anybody he wants or needs he just thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room.
I’m just going to add, if any of this is remotely true, NU will have a big problem. People who refuse to listen to anyone, usually are not overly successful. It’s hard to do anything well without some crucial, honest, advice. Have to be willing to always be learning. Hopefully you are completely off on this, since you were just kids then.

I’m just going to add, if any of this is remotely true, NU will have a big problem. People who refuse to listen to anyone, usually are not overly successful. It’s hard to do anything well without some crucial, honest, advice. Have to be willing to always be learning. Hopefully you are completely off on this, since you were just kids then.
I hope I’m wrong also but to much stuff is adding up

The fact that you competed against him nearly 30 years ago is the basis for your assessment?

Seems legit.

More generally to this thread....

I seem to remember a lot of Huskermax members that were calling for Chinander's head about this time last year (and even before that). Now, people seem to think he's not so bad.

In 2018, people thought Verduzco was amazing. He had back to back seasons of freshmen quarterbacks (Milton at UCF, Martinez at NU) doing special things. Now, he's apparently an idiot and shouldn't be allowed contact with players (analysts can't coach at practice or on game day).

Our head coach is also apparently an idiot. He has to be, because he isn't listening to the grumbling fans that want him to fire the other idiots on his staff.

Fellas, special teams will be ok without a dedicated full time assistant. A special teams coordinator can be your TE coach, or one of your LB coaches, or some other position coach. None of our coaches need to be fired for our specials to get better. Sorry.

In 2018, people thought Verduzco was amazing. He had back to back seasons of freshmen quarterbacks (Milton at UCF, Martinez at NU) doing special things. Now, he's apparently an idiot and shouldn't be allowed contact with players (analysts can't coach at practice or on game day).

FWIW, Verduzco isn't an analyst. He's an assistant.

FWIW, Verduzco isn't an analyst. He's an assistant.
Correct, but I've seen people say they if he's not fired he should be "demoted" to an analyst position.
This is what I am thinking. And it’s not like Verduzco has to go away. As an analyst there is a lot he could still due with QBs to lessen the load on Frost.

He moved to OC/QB coach the year Mariota won the Heisman, so it makes sense. I also would like to see him take control of the position that’s been a bit stagnant and can make his offense go. Can he be OC/QB AND HC tho?
That's a heavy load. Osborne did it until Gill came on board as the QB coach, but I think we'd all agree that Osborne was a pretty unique guy.

I would like to see Frost as HC/QB coach, Lubick or other as OC/play caller, and a highly involved ST coordinator.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back