• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Bill Busch our next ST coach?

I worked a couple of kicking camps when Bill was here the first time, I think he came from Utah and they had one of the best special team units. I don't know how he was as a position coach.

I hope so, good recruiter and a pretty good coach. Most importantly, has some experience

Who would be the QB coach?

Lubick?

Tim Beck was the OC/QB coach for Bo. Langsdorf for Riley. Shawn Watson for Callahan.

Granted, that would mean someone else would likely need to be assigned to WRs.

We currently have two assistants assigned to linebackers -- Dawson and Ruud -- which has to be uncommon. EDIT: as Crab suggests, probably less uncommon in the 3-4.

Last edited:

Lubick?

Tim Beck was the OC/QB coach for Bo. Langsdorf for Riley. Shawn Watson for Callahan.

We currently have two assistants assigned to linebackers -- Dawson and Ruud -- which has to be uncommon.

Lubick or Frost makes sense.

The two LB coaches isn't that uncommon for the 3-4. I do think they both have bandwidth available and could maybe pick up ST's.

Lubick?

We currently have two assistants assigned to linebackers -- Dawson and Ruud -- which has to be uncommon.
Frost could be HC/WR coach. I don't know if Lubick has any background in coaching QB's.

Lubick or Frost makes sense.

The two LB coaches isn't that uncommon for the 3-4. I do think they both have bandwidth available and could maybe pick up ST's.

Yeah, probably the case.

I'm looking at Wisconsin ... yes, they have two linebacker coaches. They also have a QB coach and a ST coach. But both the OC and DC have position duties as well. Our DC does not.

Or Frost could coach QBs. He was one and should know what is expected of the position in his offense. Who knows. Guessing there is some movement taking place behind the scenes right now.

I suppose he could also coach QBs (?) but then it might be wise to give Lubick play-calling duties. My concern is putting even more on Frost's plate, when he's still learning how to be a head coach. I'd personally like to see Frost spend more time with a narrower focus.

Last edited:

MAKE IT HAPPEN! If not with this fella then find somebody else that is good at special-teams and make him a coach ....not some “analyst”

shuffle the coaching responsibilities, Rob the “slush fund” and some of the coaches piggy banks and get it done!

I see a good possibility for improvement across the spectrum next year. But we have had a gaping hole in Special Teams for three years and running.

Time to quit talking about it and half measures.

Fix it!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back