• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa OT Alaric Jackson on facing Nebraska's D

Looking at the star ratings for Nebraska and Iowa starters (link on front page), it seems NE constantly out-recruits Iowa but their coaching staff can "coach up" their players while Nebraska's staff doesn't seem to do that too well.

Looking at the star ratings for Nebraska and Iowa starters (link on front page), it seems NE constantly out-recruits Iowa but their coaching staff can "coach up" their players while Nebraska's staff doesn't seem to do that too well.

I think we consistently out recruit everyone in the B1G West don't we?

Not surprising is it.

I would think just putting on Nebraska jersey or putting on the helmet with the big red N on it would be all the motivation one would need.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.
One thing that has become painfully clear to me over the past 5-6 years (likely goes back further) is that many athletes today do not play for the emblem on their helmet or for the other guys in the locker room. They play for themselves, and their best interest. Pride? Only if it makes sense financially or with regard to their plans after the game. Sure I miss national championships, but I miss pride and brotherhood more.

Let’s say for the sake of argument that they are equal in talent. Give the Horkeyes the benefit of the doubt. Tomorrow is a good indicator of how far apart the teams are in terms of player development and strategy.

One thing that has become painfully clear to me over the past 5-6 years (likely goes back further) is that many athletes today do not play for the emblem on their helmet or for the other guys in the locker room. They play for themselves, and their best interest. Pride? Only if it makes sense financially or with regard to their plans after the game. Sure I miss national championships, but I miss pride and brotherhood more.
Sadly you are correct.Being an old retired military man,pride in your unit was expected.If you didn’t have that pride,you had to find another unit that would except that. I wouldn’t.Keep the faith.GBR.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back