• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Inexplicable

These have persisted over multiple coaching regimes:
  • 1 possession losses
  • persistent negative turnover margin (-99 the last 20 years)
  • turnovers at the most inopportune time
  • stupid penalties an inopportune times?
  • inability to move the ball and burn time off the clock late in the game?
  • innability to stop average opponents late in the 4th qtr?

Can these be explained away by
  • bad coaching?
  • bad luck?
  • lack of talent?
  • poor practices?
  • culture?
  • poor strength and conditioning?
I think not. Something is amiss.
I’ll attack the one possession losses only. Me personally am not upset about the one possession losses. I’m as unhappy that we have been so incompetent either on the offensive side or the defensive side of the ball to even be in one score games. Turnovers have certainly prevented us from having gained some wins but they don’t explain our ineptness on the non turnover drives. We just plain ass aren’t effective on the offensive side of the ball. We are losing games by three points that we should be winning by 21.

It’s just maddening that we seem so close so often only to make up a new way to blow it. At some point hopefully it will turn in our favor but it has been going an awfully long time. Not sure my heart can take it.

It’s not as crazy as it appears. Bad teams in the West—every year since joining. We have been one of the worst. No offensive juggernauts in the West so our losses are mostly close games. I still say Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA will make us get better.

It’s not as crazy as it appears. Bad teams in the West—every year since joining. We have been one of the worst. No offensive juggernauts in the West so our losses are mostly close games. I still say Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA will make us get better.
How so?

Last edited:

Maybe Frank Solich has to sacrifice Steve Pedersen at the 50 yard line during the next spring game in order to clear the curse
I think you have to go further up the royalty ladder and sacrifice the one that sold the soul of Nebraska football to the devil.

Way more talent, speed, offense. We will lose the mindset that 10-13 points is enough to win. I doubt Iowa ever sees another 10-2 season in this conference.
I doubted Nebraska would ever be 28-52 the last seven seasons but I was wrong. I remember how the Big 10 was going to have to adjust to Nebraska and that never happened.

Last edited:
These have persisted over multiple coaching regimes:
  • 1 possession losses
  • persistent negative turnover margin (-99 the last 20 years)
  • turnovers at the most inopportune time
  • stupid penalties an inopportune times?
  • inability to move the ball and burn time off the clock late in the game?
  • innability to stop average opponents late in the 4th qtr?

Can these be explained away by
  • bad coaching?
  • bad luck?
  • lack of talent?
  • poor practices?
  • culture?
  • poor strength and conditioning?
I think not. Something is amiss.
One difference between when we didn’t suffer from those problems and now is continuity with coaches and systems.

It‘s mind numbing. I’ve never seen a team in any sport, league or level master the art of stepping on their own dong quite the way Nebraska has in the past decade.

I could believe and maybe even understand a year or two of being down, but to have well over a decade of incompetence has to be unprecedented in modern sports.

I doubted Nebraska would ever be 28-52 the last seven seasons but I was wrong. I remember how the Big 10 was going to have to adjust to Nebraska and that never happened.
You must have bought in to the myopia which is unusual for a non-fan. OU, Bama, all went through 10 years of wandering the desert. It’s our turn. It just took a lot longer for us to get there.

2014 was when we fired Bo. I think we have one more year of this.

I believe after rigorous research this is the only logical answer to our bad luck! o_O

the-devil-went-down-to-georgia-l-1024x576.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back