• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Indiana Practice (10/24/19) Coach Frost

On Mo . . . I'd honestly just rather see them part ways. They/he already effectively have since he's been "away" and if he's not followed the rules up til now, I doubt he will.

I get giving a kid who needs some structure the chances, but at what point is that cancerous to the team (if it hasn't alraedy been). Cut it loose and move on.

On Mo . . . I'd honestly just rather see them part ways. They/he already effectively have since he's been "away" and if he's not followed the rules up til now, I doubt he will.

I get giving a kid who needs some structure the chances, but at what point is that cancerous to the team (if it hasn't alraedy been). Cut it loose and move on.
He could just being meeting with him more to let him know help is available moreso than saying, you can come back.

If Frost is still willing to help a kid that's gone (over his own behavior) I think that says a lot about him as a human. Actions have consequences but they don't have to be throwing the kid out of your life forever.

He could just being meeting with him more to let him know help is available moreso than saying, you can come back.

If Frost is still willing to help a kid that's gone (over his own behavior) I think that says a lot about him as a human. Actions have consequences but they don't have to be throwing the kid out of your life forever.
True, I never understand people being so willing to throw people away. TO did not do that. Many may not like how TO tried to save some of his players. Personally I think that was one of his best qualities. It is also why players were so loyal to him. Not saying you just forgive them. You set expectations for their return. If they do not meet them then you at least know you did your part. I still write to a player in prison I was not able to save. That is the biggest disappointment of my life. I do not remember half the games I won or lost. I remember every kid that needed my help. I also remember whether I feel I did enough.

Agree

True, I never understand people being so willing to throw people away. TO did not do that. Many may not like how TO tried to save some of his players. Personally I think that was one of his best qualities. It is also why players were so loyal to him. Not saying you just forgive them. You set expectations for their return.
The bolded part is true and as coaches certainly important. But we see Tom Osborne for his successes with some great players. We tend to forget 40% of his recruits never finished school and only about 25% really had meaningful P-T. Life isn't about our whiffs, though, it is about successes and persistence. Stopping at one success is not as satisfying as the pursuit of that success.

Huskerthom said:
If they do not meet them then you at least know you did your part. I still write to a player in prison I was not able to save. That is the biggest disappointment of my life.
We've all had one, or several. It definitely is unavoidable as a coach, as are funerals. And it is important to see our past players in jail or prison, as much as it is to help their families through their losses.

True, I never understand people being so willing to throw people away. TO did not do that. Many may not like how TO tried to save some of his players. Personally I think that was one of his best qualities. It is also why players were so loyal to him. Not saying you just forgive them. You set expectations for their return. If they do not meet them then you at least know you did your part. I still write to a player in prison I was not able to save. That is the biggest disappointment of my life. I do not remember half the games I won or lost. I remember every kid that needed my help. I also remember whether I feel I did enough.
It’s pretty easy to remember all the stories of TO going the extra mile to save some lost cause, but we forget there were plenty of players that were shown the door. At this point, no matter how talented the kid is, he’s creating resentment within the team. That’s a price that’s just too high to pay at this stage of the program. Culture is proving to be a challenge, and continuing to give the impression of favoritism isn’t going to help.

I see this as several others do; a coach saying the right thing publicly, but not acting in a manner that puts his fragile team at risk.

This certainly isn’t a sole reason to stay on a team, but I would be surprised if the D.A. in Cali doesn’t bring up Mo being dismissed from the team as part of their character profile on him. Being a Husker certainly wasn’t going to hurt his chances in the case.

This certainly isn’t a sole reason to stay on a team, but I would be surprised if the D.A. in Cali doesn’t bring up Mo being dismissed from the team as part of their character profile on him. Being a Husker certainly wasn’t going to hurt his chances in the case.

Maybe the DA will bring it up, but it doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with the facts of the case. I would hope his status as a D1 football player would neither hurt nor help (as long as future similar offenses don't crop up).

Maybe the DA will bring it up, but it doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with the facts of the case. I would hope his status as a D1 football player would neither hurt nor help (as long as future similar offenses don't crop up).
You’re right, it shouldn’t, but current character is brought up all the time for past transgressions.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back