• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In Defense of Scott Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think culture has a ton to do with winning and from what I can gather when Frost came in the culture was dysfunctional and broken. We hear a lot about buy into the system and maybe that has been happening but more importantly is buy into the culture and if you look on the field game day there is a little glimmer but nothing substantial. The culture has to be ingrained into the players and really the players need to be right for the culture. The player bought into the culture will reinforce the culture and teach the culture to incoming players.

What is Frost culture? Is it a culture that will get us back to where we once were?

We get culture right and the players we need to win will come (and stay).

I’d like to see a few posters man up and admit it’s been a failure the first three years. As soon as they admit that then see how the general thread discussions go. You really have to excuse away a lot of things to not see those failures. The most dominating of all is the staff not developing the players individually into a cohesive and effective team. I believe SF was so in love with his scheme he skipped over the fundamentals trying to get the scheme in place.
Now rumors, reports and comments by SF himself have alluded to him realizing that. It is as simple as that. We need to develop our recruits into NFL draftees. Nobody comes out of high school draft ready but successful coaching staffs make them ready and win with them.
I think we all admit the first three years where a failure. Some of don’t put anything on last year because it really wasn’t a football season. When I see people stating as fact that Scott Frost and Moos are afraid of Oklahoma, that smothers isn’t even as good as Mccaffery, or that strength and conditioning is completely messed up it irritates me. Especially because I don’t believe the source has any inside information. Just seems to be pushing an agenda. Then when someone questions it they get berated by a couple posters without any real solid evidence to back up their crap. One poster in particular if you question him will be extremely rude and belittling. However if you do it back he puts you on ignore like a three year old.

People who compare Frost's record to Riley's record are missing the point. Riley inherited a more talented team from Pelini than Frost inherited from Riley. But while Frost began his head coaching tenure at Nebraska with a nearly empty cupboard, he appears to have succeeded in upgrading the talent across the board (based on what we saw this spring). Again, the talent is unproven, but it looks like we have more physical and athletic players than we have had in a long time. I think we will see a better team this season.

If the team continues to stumble this year and next, I will freely admit that I was wrong. We'll see how things play out.

I honestly don't think you some people would be happy with that. I really don't.
There might be a very small minority of people on here like that but it's not 25%. I am a critic of Frost (but was for the hire) but if he comes out and wins 8 games this year and keeps progressing I will be doing naked backflips down my cul-de-sac in celebration. I, and most people (90-95%), on here want him to succeed.

People who compare Frost's record to Riley's record are missing the point. Riley inherited a more talented team from Pelini than Frost inherited from Riley. But while Frost began his head coaching tenure at Nebraska with a nearly empty cupboard, he appears to have succeeded in upgrading the talent across the board (based on what we saw this spring). Again, the talent is unproven, but it looks like we have more physical and athletic players than we have had in a long time. I think we will see a better team this season.

If the team continues to stumble this year and next, I will freely admit that I was wrong. We'll see how things play out.
Agree! Especially the offensive and defensive lines! That’s where football is won. It takes two or three years for those big boys to develop. Some people don’t get that.

There might be a very small minority of people on here like that but it's not 25%. I am a critic of Frost (but was for the hire) but if he comes out and wins 8 games this year and keeps progressing I will be doing naked backflips down my cul-de-sac in celebration. I, and most people (90-95%), on here want him to succeed.
You have to video tape the naked back flips and post it!

The cupboard was not empty. It wasn't great but this argument is tired. The Davis twins, Stanley (best receiver Frost has had), Ozigbo (best RB), Luke Gifford, etc, etc. Yes they have upgraded the roster at spots but don't act like what he inherited was completely devoid of talent.

The cupboard was not empty. It wasn't great but this argument is tired. The Davis twins, Stanley (best receiver Frost has had), Ozigbo (best RB), Luke Gifford, etc, etc. Yes they have upgraded the roster at spots but don't act like what he inherited was completely devoid of talent.
He had a few good players, but the overall physicality and athleticism of the team was poor. Again, you see that from the fact that our draft history over the last few years (meaning primarily Riley's players) has been underwhelming.

Last edited:
I actually believe the cupboard was really bare. The guys you mentioned are good but not all conference type players. They would be nice pieces if we had a couple super stars. I’m on record as never being a big believer in the Davis twins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back