• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Illinois v. NU Game Thread

backpattingmachine.jpg

Well, no one else will do it! :rofl:

Glad to hear they won. I didn't get to watch the 2nd half. I noticed in the first half we dind't take crazy 3 point shots.. we worked the ball into the paint and made them foul.

Last edited:
Its something how after wins we dont see the same people as after things dont go so good. Wonder what happens if the team actually ends up above .500 in conference. Im sure the sky will still be falling. Kind of like the grounds keepers in Major League that even as they prepare the field for the playoff game they say they are still &*^%.

Last edited:

Really enjoyed last nights game. Didn't post after the game last night. With the late start and the vodka tasting so good, I wouldn't have been able to type coherent thoughts :Biggrin:

Great performance by Shields. He seems to have the swagger and confidence he had at the end of last year. I am concerned about his ankle, though. He was hurting earlier this year and it really affected him. We could see he couldn't lift towards the end of the game.

For me though, the players of the game were Rivers and Parker. Rivers is not flashy, but may be the most fundamentally sound player on the team. He knows how to position himself and use his lower body for leverage on rebounds. Grabs the ball with both hands and puts his elbows out to secure the ball. Moves his feet well on defense and doesn't go for the steal on each play. He just plays smart!! Parker really hustled all night and played the point under control. He knows his limitations and plays within himself.

I'm curious if Coach Miles has decided to have Webster sit more, as he wasn't on the floor for the last 10 minutes plus? Have the staff work with him on some fundamentals and building his confidence and be ready for next year. Now, to play well against Sparty!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back