• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If you think the Big Ten is mad at Nebraska now.....

I think the BIG HIT syndrome came directly from the NFL. Forget about wrapping up the runner just blast them off their feet. We've seen so many big plays happen against our defense because of very poor tackling technique. I don't care how good a defensive player is if they refuse to wrap up and bring the runner to the ground. If they can't or won't do that then they should be on the bench imo.
Every level I coached at. If you do not wrap up in a tackling drill, run a lap.

It makes good sense for the league to give us a tough schedule. A win against Nebraska by an Eastern Team is almost assured, yet looks good on the victor's record, due to our history. This enhances the championship prospect of those teams.
We simply need to get good again. Once we start beating the top Eastern Teams at least 50% of the time, our schedule will get easier as the league won't want us derailing the championship prospects of Eastern teams nor the Eastern teams derailing our championship prospects.
An easier league schedule is, basically, up to us. Let's get a lot better.
Does this theory come with a tin foil hat?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back