• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If you think the Big Ten is mad at Nebraska now.....

The B1G also lashed out at tOSU and PSU with the no fans in the stadium rule. Several institutions had hoped to capture a small percentage of their normal revenues from a few home games. No fans = more economic hardship for everyone and especially the athletic departments whose home football game revenues pad their entire budget.

Can it get any worse than the last 8 years? I think there have been about 10 holding flags called against are opponents since we joined the B1G?
Exactly! Was gonna post my own comments. Anyone not think the conference is having a discussion with officials regarding how to officiate Nebraska games this year?

Not only was it to give Nebraska the hardest schedule, but also for the most part for teams to have an easier game the week prior to playing us, i.e. Rutgers.

Posters are right, make it so dang hard where teams in the East say please do not schedule us with Nebraska. That is the only way out of this.

We are not legacy Big 10, small, no large media, strong, stubborn, conviction, and where are values and beliefs are not in line with other states in the conference.

If we Husker fans want to occasionally remind people about how good we were back in the day...we need to consider having the toughest schedule in the conference as nothing more than an opportunity.

We want to get back to relevance and that only happens when you consistently compete with and occasionally beat the ranked teams you're expected to lose to. No blowouts...ever!

With all the unknowns ahead of us this year there may never be a better time to play a schedule this tough and there's a real chance for us make hay and turn some heads. Lord knows they should be installing some additional bulletin boards in the locker room...there's WAY too much material for just one board right now. Get mad...work hard...and win!

GBR!

And block (bonus for pancakes, without holding penalties).

And tackle.
This has been one of my pet peeves since back in the Pelini days. I seems to me too many players want to make the big hits that make a highlight video, but don't actually get the runner to the ground. Watching some of the replays from the 90s on BTN, you could see those defenders knew how to tackle. Wrap up the runner and bring them to the ground.

This has been one of my pet peeves since back in the Pelini days. I seems to me too many players want to make the big hits that make a highlight video, but don't actually get the runner to the ground. Watching some of the replays from the 90s on BTN, you could see those defenders knew how to tackle. Wrap up the runner and bring them to the ground.
I think the BIG HIT syndrome came directly from the NFL. Forget about wrapping up the runner just blast them off their feet. We've seen so many big plays happen against our defense because of very poor tackling technique. I don't care how good a defensive player is if they refuse to wrap up and bring the runner to the ground. If they can't or won't do that then they should be on the bench imo.

Correct.

It makes good sense for the league to give us a tough schedule. A win against Nebraska by an Eastern Team is almost assured, yet looks good on the victor's record, due to our history. This enhances the championship prospect of those teams.
We simply need to get good again. Once we start beating the top Eastern Teams at least 50% of the time, our schedule will get easier as the league won't want us derailing the championship prospects of Eastern teams nor the Eastern teams derailing our championship prospects.
An easier league schedule is, basically, up to us. Let's get a lot better.

Man, is the Big Ten ever mad at us! We demanded they show us the conference bylaws, and of the thirteen pages they submitted to the court, eleven were FULLY REDACTED.

Nothing says "cover-up" quite like fully redacting your own league rules, right?

The Big hasn't been this hacked off at us since the network broadcast announcers told a televised American audience that Nebraska's conference opponents hadn't been called for offensive holding on a pass play in the past TWENTY ONE GAMES.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back