• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked If you have Dish, you might want to start looking for a new provider...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seemed too good so I went to thier web site and it is listed as $9 for the Multi sports Pack. You either got a Great Deal, a promo price, or just the B10 network but I didn't think they sold it by itself.

http://www.dish.com/entertainment/sports/

MULTI-SPORT PACK.

If you're into sports, DISH puts you in the middle of the action. With the Multi-Sport Pack you'll enjoy NFL RedZone plus NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Network, MLB Network, Big Ten Network, FOX Soccer, FUEL TV, Universal Sports Network and over 20 Regional Sports Networks. Plus, MLB StrikeZone is now included! $9/mo with qualifying package.

I was quoted $4.50 a month for the sports package that includes the Big Ten network here in Missouri.

Last edited:

I've had Dish for years, and never had a problem.

Storms can interfere with signal, but unless DirecTV uses some other satellite frequency, I can't imagine DirecTV would be better in that regard.

My bill has stayed the same for years (except when I added BTN in 2010).

I just spoke with dish customer service, and they assured me that everything would be fine come the 1st. I dont know how much I believe that though. They will probably say anything to keep a customer.

07-minister.jpg

Everything is fine... nothing to see here :Biggrin:

I have the Dish 200 package which shows I should get the BTN but when I put it on the channel it says I must be in the BTN area to receive it. 

I have the Dish 200 package which shows I should get the BTN but when I put it on the channel it says I must be in the BTN area to receive it. 

Unless you're paying the $9 extra for the sports package you have to be in a B1G state to get BTN in your package. I'm guessing you're in Oklahoma? Not a B1G state so you get to pay extra like I do out here in VA.

Last edited:
I actually have had no problems with Dish over the years (other than dropped channels here and there but I remember Direct TV having these issues as well). I really don't want to drop DISH because doing that is just a hassle and frankly the way this season looks there will probably be only 1-3 games (ISU, NW, Minn) in which they are on BTN...in that event I would just go to the bar with fellow Husker fans and watch them...frankly the channel I am more pissed about not having right now is AMC

I recently switched to Direct TV after my cable tv bill tripled. After all the new customer discounts and what not wear off with Direct TV I'm sure the same thing will happen...but at least I have the NFL sunday ticket free for now. I'm pretty fed up with both cable and satellite providers.

Yep, the way they ALL work strongly encourages the customer to switch every year or so - the new customers get all the incentives and low rates, while the long-term loyal customer gets shafted and pays the highest price. Their churn rates must be very high, because the way they encourage customers to switch. I switched a few months back from Time-Warner to DirecTV - and will probably switch to UVerse next year when the first-year incentives drop off with DirecTV and my bill doubles again.

Why do satelite companies need to check my credit?

My credit score is pretty good but nevertheless why do they need to do this...If they check it does it count as an inquiry into your credit and lower your score some?

Probably to make sure you aren't a risk to run off with their set top boxes or something.

Last edited:
The locals here are up in arms because neither DISH or Direct TV are carrying the Pac 12 Network. Since U$C and Oregon will be network broadcast, there isn't a high demand for the rest of the games.

The Big Ten Network Facebook page just posted this a short time ago.

BTN and Dish have agreed to a short-term arrangement. Discussions will continue towards a long-term agreement. Thank you for your continued support

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back