• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked If you have Dish, you might want to start looking for a new provider...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooray for DirecTV!

Unless you are also interested in watching the Pac-12 Network. Not that Dish is any better on that particular front. As between to the two big satellite carriers, DirecTV wins hands down. But they seem to have a nasty habit of holding their viewers hostage in the hopes of wrangling a better deal out of [insert latest network here].

Man now I read this after switching to Dish network this last weekend. I better be able to get out of my contract if they don't have the big 10 network after 8/31. I would think I have 30 days to drop it if I'm not interested. I was PO'd when they hooked it up Sat and I didn't get the Big X network. I had to get the sports package to get it in Missouri. But I made them get it to me free for 6 months. Ughhh

Cable seems to get a bad rap...but it seems we rarely run into these problems. Guess I will stay old-school.

Cable seems to get a bad rap...but it seems we rarely run into these problems. Guess I will stay old-school.

Have time warner cable and would agree. The only problem this summer was we didn't have ABC for a couple of days.

The dispute over AMC has lasted since June 30/July 1 which has caused their subscribers to miss the beginning of the new season of Breaking Bad.
If they don't get the dispute handled by next Sunday I believe DISH customers will have missed the entire season.
I recently switched to Direct TV after my cable tv bill tripled. After all the new customer discounts and what not wear off with Direct TV I'm sure the same thing will happen...but at least I have the NFL sunday ticket free for now. I'm pretty fed up with both cable and satellite providers. I pay for a billion channels and only watch a few. I wish there was some sort of pick your favorite channels and pay less thing but that most likely won't happen. Oh well. As a fantasy football fan I am really looking forward to the sunday ticket.

Last edited:
Had DISH for three years. In that time, they must have dropped 10 channels that I liked. They also kept coming up with a new fee I had to pay. Will never return to them. Went back to cable instead of direct tv because of the rain issues.

Thanks for the heads-up! I almost had DISH installed this afternoon and yes, after speaking with DISH Customer Service BTN is very shaky at best to be renewed. They wanted to give me another football package to stay but I cancelled and went with Directv. Thank you again!

5 years ago we moved and went from Dish to Cable...lasted 2 weeks. Went to DirecTV...huge improvement over Dish imo.

This sucks! I've had DISH for over 10 years and love their GAMEDAY package, allowing me a ton of college football games. Now I'll have to try and get my money back, if I drop them, which I will if they drop the BTN. Fortunately, I have them spread the payment over 3 months and have only made 1 Gameday payment. This is just plain weak of DISH!

Big 10 network ( for now) is available to ANY dish customer. It is part of the core package if you are in a Big 10 state. If you are outside that you can get it by subsribing to their expanded regional sports package for $9 a month ( I belive that is the correct cost)

My son just got DISH here in Mesa, Az. He was told that BTN is a "Regional Network" only available in the midwest...of course that was after he'd already signed on the line, made the deposit, and so on. Let's just say he's not a satisfied DISH customer.

I just spoke with dish customer service, and they assured me that everything would be fine come the 1st. I dont know how much I believe that though. They will probably say anything to keep a customer.

First I have Dish at home and all this lost channel stuff sucks but it is not limited to Dish. Direct has had their share too.

Keep in mind that the contract is up and not renewed by the 31st then it takes two sides to not agree. I want it on Dish as bad as anyone but is entirely possible that the retransmit will be blocked by the BIg10 and not just Dish dropping them. They could continue on with eh current agreement under a good faith negotiation agreement as has been done with some cases. It could just as likely be the BTN wanting huge increases as it is Dish being the bad guy. Bottom line is it is two Corp groups fighting and the consumer that loses.
<o:p></o:p>

I was quoted $4.50 a month for the sports package that includes the Big Ten network here in Missouri.

Big 10 network ( for now) is available to ANY dish customer. It is part of the core package if you are in a Big 10 state. If you are outside that you can get it by subsribing to their expanded regional sports package for $9 a month ( I belive that is the correct cost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back