• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If You Could See The Future.....

I enjoy the game regardless, but I like winning. Always have. Winning makes most things more enjoyable.

No doubt!

But then there's:

Not the Victory, but the Action;
Not the Goal, but the Game;
In the Deed the Glory.

And finally:

Dear Lord, the battles we go through life,
We ask for a chance that's fair,
A chance to equal our stride,
A chance to do or dare,
If we should win, let it be by the code,
Faith and Honor held high,
If we should lose, we'll stand by the road,
And cheer as the winners go by.
Day by Day, we get better and better!
The team that can't be beat, WON'T BE BEAT!

I'm still in and suffer through whatever is in front of me. That said, I don't throw things like I used to or let it ruin my week. I only give it about 2 hours of self loathing and then I'm off to the next thing in life.
I feel the exact same way because of 20 years of disappointments in Husker football. Decided I was emotionally invested to the point these lousy seasons were spoiling other more important things. So now yes I get very PO'd but calm down quickly and move on.

I feel the exact same way because of 20 years of disappointments in Husker football. Decided I was emotionally invested to the point these lousy seasons were spoiling other more important things. So now yes I get very PO'd but calm down quickly and move on.
I'm still trying to get there -- where a bad loss doesn't ruin the next 24+ hours. At least I don't let the "expected" losses affect me as much (like OhSU). Hopefully that doesn't mean I'm becoming a "good loser". But I'm still chapped over last week's loss.

I guess I'm like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. Always come back with high hopes. Although, if we have 3 more losing seasons (and each getting progressively worse), I may have to reprioritize my passions.

Growing up in Lincoln, I listened to every Husker broadcast game during the Jennings years and have listened to every broadcast or watched every televised game since. Nothing in my power during my lifetime will keep me from watching and supporting the Huskers.

^^^THIS....it is part of our being & I couldn’t stop if I wanted to. Hell, lately when I’ve quit watching, I still watch whatever I missed on DVR just so I can see with my own eyes what I already know I shouldn’t want to see. More importantly, My Dad, Brother & I really only like to talk to each other about NU football & will always continue to do so no matter the record or time of year as there’s always hope...even though our recent discussion was whether we sound like Minny fans in the 60’s.

If I could see into the future, first I'd adjust my investments to become filthy rich,

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back