• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If I’m the backup quarterbacks!

Frosty1980

Go Big Red!
5 Year Member
I’m pissed and tired of reading and hearing I’m not ready. Martinez played as a freshman. If he’s hurt play the backup. If they don’t have a capable backup well that’s on Frost. I agree that Martinez’s struggles aren’t all his fault but how about when he’s hurting or struggling we play another kid. Almost every other team does it. I’m not calling for Martinez to be benched. He’s played well most the season. I just would be pisses if I was Smothers. I would think damn I must really suck not to even play when the other dude is hurt. Unfortunately we have no clue if our backups can play.

I’m pissed and tired of reading and hearing I’m not ready. Martinez played as a freshman. If he’s hurt play the backup. If they don’t have a capable backup well that’s on Frost. I agree that Martinez’s struggles aren’t all his fault but how about when he’s hurting or struggling we play another kid. Almost every other team does it. I’m not calling for Martinez to be benched. He’s played well most the season. I just would be pisses if I was Smothers. I would think damn I must really suck not to even play when the other dude is hurt. Unfortunately we have no clue if our backups can play.
fV2lVLTImW4F255Et3.gif

And why does he say dumb crap like that? If he's hurt and you play him then inevitably everyone is going to ask "why not play the backup?" I don't know if he thinks that sounds like a good excuse or what? It makes him look like an idiot. Martinez was obviously limited on Saturday. He's not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning who can sit back in the pocket and pick apart a defense. His legs are what make him special and if he doesn't have that then wouldn't you be better off playing Smothers who can run. Number 1,271, 347 in the long list of mind boggling decisions by Frost and his staff.

Last edited:
Haarberg is the guy, and the only reason he’s not playing is to preserve his redshirt. If Martinez were to go down for an extended period of time, they would be willing to burn his redshirt. If anyone is looking to transfer out, it should/will be Smothers.

Haarberg is the guy, and the only reason he’s not playing is to preserve his redshirt. If Martinez were to go down for an extended period of time, they would be willing to burn his redshirt. If anyone is looking to transfer out, it should/will be Smothers.
Interesting. So you think Haarberg is the starter next year?

You're not even ready to be a backup Hmax poster.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back