• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked I have to admit

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I have called for Martinez over Armstrong, I will say that Armstrong needs to play the rest of the way. The biggest reason is due to the injuries on the OL. NU needs to have the run threat that Armstrong brings. His passing is still scary, but the option brings a different dimension

Absolutely agree. Until Martinez can run like we know he can, let Armstrong play.

As I said in the chat, TA was not helped by the veteran WRs in the second half. But it was great seeing Quincy and Bell bounce back at the end.

Bell was big on the last drive, but he just doesn't look 100% at all. Beyond the OL injuries we were down Turner and Wullenwaber with Bell and Westerkamp dinged. Throw in the fact we were on the road with a Freshman QB against a team yet to lose at home under their current HC and I'll take the win all day long.

I'm not a BOlover but today I'll give him his due. THere will be other days for me to bitch. I want to enjoy this win...so PROCESS THIS!!!

now if the Sue can beat Neb Omaha tonight...I'm a happy man
:thumbsup: Sue is going down!!! OK......probably not. ;)

I'm not a BOlover but today I'll give him his due. THere will be other days for me to bitch. I want to enjoy this win...so PROCESS THIS!!!

now if the Sue can beat Neb Omaha tonight...I'm a happy man

I think the Fighting Trevs are struggling this year so you might be real happy

While I have called for Martinez over Armstrong, I will say that Armstrong needs to play the rest of the way. The biggest reason is due to the injuries on the OL. NU needs to have the run threat that Armstrong brings. His passing is still scary, but the option brings a different dimension

Agreed.. while I too believe TM is the better QB, TA needs to remain.

Next year is going to be real fun with Stanton in the mix, and that is a good thing

I will not discount the defensive performance, because to often I have watched our recent teams just crumble on defense when they had a chance to make a statement. Tonight, on 2 critical turnovers, the defense stepped up and held Michigan to 3 points. Freakin Randle even made a couple of plays :) But what I really saw tonight, was what might have been the coming out party for the next great defender at NU...#44 Randy Gregory, how good could this kid be in 2 years, he went beastmode tonight. But the thing that impressed me the most, was not the numbers, but the technique, especially in containment. How often did Gardner pull it down to try and run, only to see #44 staring him in the grill in perfect tackling form, waiting like a cobra to strike, then bursting to the ball to shut down any chance gardner had to make a play...Bo is right(OMG I FREAKIN AGREED WITH BO!!!!), this dude is gonna be something special

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back