• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers vs Gators - Regionals - Win or go Home! - Sunday - 1 pm ctrl - 6/2/24 - O'Brate Field/Stillwater

I said I figured they would get to 35 wins, which during the regular season was exactly what I expected.
Beginning of the season after that 10 game win streak against good opponents….away….I thought this was a forty win team….

As we struggled with those blankety blank mid week games but did well on weekends in the conference….I adjusted that down to 35 wins (in my mind) as the magical amount that would put us in contention for the Conference Title and a trip to the dance.

I think the difference maker…..the thing that sets this team apart….anfd got them to that 40 wins is that unexpected 5 game win streak in Omaha for the conference title and an assured high seed. After a totally disastrous start.

That has left a really nice “feeling” in my mind about this team….and the fact that they didn’t let an initial loss to a team you pointed out as “quite dangerous” stop them from gaining another try.

To me…that 5 game run….The BiG Ten Championship, and the no hitter against a very fine K State team made this season “magical”….

But these are just words and everyone interprets words differently.

My hope is we BUILD on this.

I like you am not satisfied with just “good showings” in the Big 10. We need to elevate to the next level to the point we are continually hosting Regionals.

Progress was made this year…we need to continue in that direction.

With the fan support, wonderful facilities, and frankly ….money available, there is no reason Nebraska cannot attain this…”cold weather school” or not.

The Big 10 tourney was great, without a doubt. I have a different view on magical, though...

I don't think anybody suggested losing to Florida was a horrible, or a disgrace. We did talk about needing to upgrading talent, using the portal instead of relying on JUCO's so heavily... stuff like that.
Yep magical can have a different meaning for each of us.

I feel like it was a good season, but like @johnrr6 said, those midweek games were just a killer when I look at the success/failure of a season. If they flip the record on those, my outlook is quite a bit different, regardless of what their performance was last weekend. Maybe they get put in an easier regional and they have a shot at playing this weekend, but you can never tell. Florida was just a brutal draw. I follow SEC baseball pretty closely and Nebraska actually showed better than I thought they might. No shame in the outcome in Stillwater in my mind, all things considered.

One more road win and Florida will be in Omaha...
Beat Clemson (#6) 10-7
Game 2 is on ESPN this afternoon at what I believe is 1:30 Cent

Florida was 13-17 in the SEC and 6th out of 7 teams in its division and a bubble team to get invited to the playoffs, but got hot at the right time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back