• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers vs BearKats - Game #4 - 2-20-22 - 1 PM Ctrl

2 on and 2 outs

need another clutch ab

chk swing called a strike
not even close!
and called a strike

this ump is a turd!!

Time for us to light that boy up!

Three appearances for a relief pitcher in Three days.

What is he…..like that kid from Arkansas with the rubber arm?

@Huskerfan69

In 2017 we were Big 10 Champions and went to a regional. By the beginning of March we were 5-8. Got to around .500 by mid March and didn’t start to see real success until end of March. Wound up 35-22-1 and went to the Regional.

In 2018 we were 6-6 by March 9 but really had a desultory season overall…ending 24-28 and did especially poorly against BiG 10 teams…a real surprise…a bad surprise.

In 2019 we were 4-6 by ninth of March and then started to play better. Winding up above .500 and making a nice run at the end to get to the NCAA regional. Wound up 32-24

In 2020 We were 4-8 by 7 March wound up 7-8 in the Covid cancelled year.

In 2021 we were Big Ten Champions, got to a regional and were a few outs from a super regional. We were 5-4 by mid March and this was an all Big 10 schedule where we didn’t even play the southern schools with their normal initial advantage. Wound up 34-14.

Point being Nebraska baseball teams have always started slow in the last half decade.

Keep the faith brothers! Negativism is a disease. It helps no one and especially doesn’t help the boys.

Hopefully things will improve!

It’s all we can wish for and literally the only positive thing we can do!

GO BIG RED!

those years don't even compare to what we are seeing this year... it isn't just the win/loss record, it is how horribly prepared this team is. It is how bad the pitching has been, how bad the hitting has been. We are not playing a perennial top 10 program. Sam Houston hasn't played in a regional since 2017

I know they will get better, but teams don't generally have that drastic of a change from what we are seeing.

We will see how things play out. Hope I am so far off base.

Last edited:

those years don't even compare to what we are seeing this year... it isn't just the win/loss record, it is how horribly prepared this team is. It is how bad the pitching has been, how bad the hitting has been. We are not playing a perennial top 10 program. Sam Houston hasn't played in a regional since 2017

I know they will get better, but teams don't generally have that drastic of a change from what we are seeing.

We will see how things play out.
I agree, but said nothing. Didn't want to be negative. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back