• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers now the team to beat for 4-star JUCO DT Ben Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you base this on what? You said the same thing in the Newby thread and yet offer nothing to back it up....

I just have a gut feeling that he's going to stick with Tennessee. Sorry to be a Grinch but that's just the way I see it.

Last edited:

Nice. That's recruiting for ya. I step away from the computer for about 16 hours then hop on and see this. Hope we can reel this one in!

Nice. That's recruiting for ya. I step away from the computer for about 16 hours then hop on and see this. Hope we can reel this one in!

If we pull this off I will feel a lot better about things - I have said on another thread that I believe this will be Pelini's best class when it is all said and done, however, we missed on a DT that could come in immediately and help, which is what a lot of fans are banking on.

I agree on the best class and the first time he will sign a full class....of 25 or more....those 26 JUCO commits between 2005 and 2007 really gummed the works up....and put Bo behind the 8-ball....we are fiannly starting to come out of that...

If we pull this off I will feel a lot better about things - I have said on another thread that I believe this will be Pelini's best class when it is all said and done, however, we missed on a DT that could come in immediately and help, which is what a lot of fans are banking on.

Last edited:
Odd that it has been so tough getting hi-end DTs to come. Really thought we'd get more mileage out of Suh's career here in getting some guys to look Nebraska's way.
Valentine and Curry ain't chopped liver though...

Last edited:

I've been in the camp that this class is nice, but if we don't bring in some good DT's I will be disappointed as it's the most glaring weakness on this team. I don't mean to diminish my excitment for guys like Stanton et al by saying that.

Well said. This class is a microcosm of our team: Lots of eye-popping talent at the skill positions, but some question marks on the lines. While its true that even without a high-profile DT this class may be "Pelini's best" it is a class that probably won't pay dividends for a year or two. Such is recruiting.

I really feel like next season is a turning point for Nebraska. We have a real chance to compete for a national title if we take care of business. If we make it to a BCS bowl or the national championship, it will go a long way to restoring Nebraska to national prominence and will spark even better recruiting classes down the line. We are on the cusp of something great. A dominant, mature DT in next year's starting line would be a HUGE help.

COME ON, BEN! COME TO NEBRASKA AND BECOME THE NEXT LEGENDARY BLACKSHIRT DEFENSIVE TACKLE!!!

I am in awe of the talent in this recruiting class, with amazing QB Stanton, amazing Texas RB Taylor, giant Canadian offensive lineman David Knevel, WR Dominic Walker, etc. This is an amazing class. Just hope Santa brings us more offensive and defensive line stars.

I am in awe of the talent in this recruiting class, with amazing QB Stanton, amazing Texas RB Taylor, giant Canadian offensive lineman David Knevel, WR Dominic Walker, etc. This is an amazing class. Just hope Santa brings us more offensive and defensive line stars.

Don't forget the amazing Banderas!

There are people that say he wasn't that great of a recruiter according to Iowa fans/boards. Even though he got us Aaron Curry when he moved over here.

I was only repeating that the talk was on the Iowa blogs and from friends of mine who are Hawk fans. I agree his work here certainly does not indicate that he cannot recruit.

Well, if we get Bradley, then our class goals are still in tact. We need Collins and one more HS DT. We also need one more DE in my opinion. I think a lot of people are assuming our DL issues all stem from DT and quite frankly, our DE play has been atrocious the past few years. Bradley and Gregory would make one heck of a dynamic upgrade to our entire DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back