• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Huskers lead the nation in pass defense and are 15th in total defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Congrats to those involved. Those are stats of a championship level defense.

Question, not bagging on anyone, I'm just curious with all of the experience on the defense why it took several games, to get to playing at a high level? You'd think with that much experience that they could be flying right out of the gate.

I agree. It is just that that game has not helped us in the eyes of national football fans; which is not a bad thing as maybe we can stay under the radar until the Rose Bowl is over.

Did not hurt us in the polls....people who actually understand football realize how hard that a game like that is to play....Notre Dame, Alabama etc. would not have done any beter quite honestly....

I always recall Coach Osborne talking about how the southern teams would struggle if they had to play bowl games in place like Nebraska....the cloest you get now is in Boise for their bowl game...

I agree. It is just that that game has not helped us in the eyes of national football fans; which is not a bad thing as maybe we can stay under the radar until the Rose Bowl is over.

Did not hurt us in the polls....people who actually understand football realize how hard that a game like that is to play....Notre Dame, Alabama etc. would not have done any beter quite honestly....

I always recall Coach Osborne talking about how the southern teams would struggle if they had to play bowl games in place like Nebraska....the cloest you get now is in Boise for their bowl game...

when do they have to get rid of that gosh awful field color?

The D has to have been playing top five defense the last few weeks in order to make that climb to the top 15. Mucho respecto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back