• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Huskers have a fight for Kendall Bussey on their hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a coach says that....usually not a good sign.....hope he is okay....

Nebraska committed Bussey totaled 11 carries for 113 yards and three touchdowns, but he ended the game on crutches after an apparent leg injury. Bussey was seen after the game not putting any weight on the leg.
“We’ll have to see,” Newman coach Nelson Stewart said when asked about the specifics of Bussey’s injury.

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/article/7436940649841465646/newman-sets-up-playoff-rematch-by-beating-redemptorist-as-kendall-bussey-leaves-with-injury/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

See how much Tennessee wants him now.

Thinking the same thing....Nebraska has shown in the past to stand by their commitments to players that get injured (I'm sure there are examples to the contrary). I would be curious to see what Huskers and these other schools esp. Tenn. do now.

Thinking the same thing....Nebraska has shown in the past to stand by their commitments to players that get injured (I'm sure there are examples to the contrary). I would be curious to see what Huskers and these other schools esp. Tenn. do now.

You can bet we will honor ours.

Hope is okay too. Still interested in how this plays out.

Agreed.... Hope he's okay and the injury is minor. At the same time it does make for a curious scenario... Assumimg Bussey told NU coaches that he is no longer a commit, it would have been in NU ' S best interests to immediately begin pursuing other backs... Let's say that one or two new contacts expressed a serious interest. Now, Bussey, the kid who played us for almost an entire year, is injured. We have a small number of scholarships available. We have a history of standing behind athletes who are injured -- when many other programs wouldn't. Let's pretend Tennessee suddenly is more interested in others, and Bussey is suddenly wanting a more serious relationship.... We didn't tell him we wanted to see other people, he told us....

Agreed.... Hope he's okay and the injury is minor. At the same time it does make for a curious scenario... Assumimg Bussey told NU coaches that he is no longer a commit, it would have been in NU ' S best interests to immediately begin pursuing other backs... Let's say that one or two new contacts expressed a serious interest. Now, Bussey, the kid who played us for almost an entire year, is injured. We have a small number of scholarships available. We have a history of standing behind athletes who are injured -- when many other programs wouldn't. Let's pretend Tennessee suddenly is more interested in others, and Bussey is suddenly wanting a more serious relationship.... We didn't tell him we wanted to see other people, he told us....

I agree. If he told NU he wanted out then we should walk away.

Kendal Bussey's injury

I see that Kendal Bussey was injured in last nights' playoff win.

I hope it's not to serious and that it's also a good time for NU coaches to continue to show him some love and that we still want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back