• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Huskers 27 to 28 point favorite over Wyoming depending on the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming's defense was abysmal in 2012....they could not stop the run at all....106th ranked defense over all....and their run defense was ranked 106 out of 120 teams....and their pass efficiency defense was 108.....

I'll be very surprised if this game is anywhere close....

I think it will be that bad and even worst....if the Huskers score less than 50 points in this game I will be very surprised...

And Wyoming couldn't run the ball either.....99th in the country......their only bright spot in 2012 was their passing offense that was ranked 38th....

I have to agree with p-ville.....63-10 is in the ballpark on this one....

Oh and they recruited 23 young men in 2013....and 21 one them were 2-stars and 2 were 3-stars....and have only one recruit in 2014 and he is a NR QB.....

I wonder if it will be that bad.

Last edited:
See my post above....

Keep in mind we played them at an altitude of 7,165 feet and that was in 2011 the first year of Beck's offense....this will be a blowout in Lincoln with the offense we have this year....and we still won 38-14 in Larimie....which is a pretty big win unto itself....playing at that altitude...

We'll see. That's what everybody thought the last time we played them too.

Last edited:

See my post above....

Keep in mind we played them at an altitude of 7,165 feet and that was in 2011 the first year of Beck's offense....this will be a blowout in Lincoln with the offense we have this year....and we still won 38-14 in Larimie....which is a pretty big win unto itself....playing at that altitude...

I agree that the game should not be close, but it should not have been close last time either. I will be very disappointed if we don't blow them out. I'm anxious to see how we come out of the gate in our first game.

38-14 is not that close in my opinion....especially on the road at 7,100 feet....and with a brand new O-Coordinator in only his 4th game at the helm...and Wyoming was 3-0 going into that game....

Keep in mind Wyoming won 8 games that year too....8-5.....on the season....

I agree that the game should not be close, but it should not have been close last time either. I will be very disappointed if we don't blow them out. I'm anxious to see how we come out of the gate in our first game.

Last edited:
You either take Nebraska or you don't bet on this game at all.

I do agree with the sentiment that NU should be able to put 50+ on a very poor Wyoming defense. The one thing Wyoming does have going for it is their QB, Brett Smith, who was very solid last season (much improved over what we saw in 2011, when he was just a freshman). I'm willing to bet Wyoming will score more than 14 points this time around. Still, they won't stop Nebraska from rolling up points. Something like 55-21 seems reasonable, which would easily cover for the Huskers.

Agree with all.....

Smith's problem is he has no running game to help him out....leading rusher from last season had less than 400 yards....Smith will be made one dimensional in a very hostile stadium in the opening game of the season.....I don't see them scoring more than 14 points UNLESS our second and third string guys are on the field by mid-third quarter....and I hope that happens....the backup's in early in the second half....

You either take Nebraska or you don't bet on this game at all.

I do agree with the sentiment that NU should be able to put 50+ on a very poor Wyoming defense. The one thing Wyoming does have going for it is their QB, Brett Smith, who was very solid last season (much improved over what we saw in 2011, when he was just a freshman). I'm willing to bet Wyoming will score more than 14 points this time around. Still, they won't stop Nebraska from rolling up points. Something like 55-21 seems reasonable, which would easily cover for the Huskers.

Last edited:

From a thread I posted a while back:

Sorry to hear that....never like to see any kid hurt....there running game was one of their real Achilles heels in 2012 and this won't help....

University of Wyoming sophomore running back D.J. May, the team’s leading rusher last season, could miss the 2013 season due a torn left pectoral muscle.

May said Friday he tore the muscle a couple of weeks ago while working out in Laramie during voluntary summer workouts. He was in a sling on Friday, and said the recovery time for this injury is about nine months.

May led UW last season with 374 yards on 77 carries, an average of 4.9 yards per carry, and had one rushing touchdown. He also caught six passes for 35 yards.

UW is deep at running back with senior Brandon Miller (352 yards last season), sophomore Shaun Wick (350 yards, four touchdowns last season), senior Tedder Easton (44 yards last season) and true freshman Omar Stover, who enrolled in January and was listed No. 2 on the depth chart coming out of spring drills behind.

http://www.wyosports.net/university...cle_2c2fd31a-daf7-11e2-894d-0019bb2963f4.html

FYI....and they lost their top two players on defense...

Weaknesses: While Wyoming's passing attach thrived and pass defense was solid, the Cowboys struggled to run the ball and stop the run. The Cowboys lost key battles in the trenches, ranking No. 99 nationally in rushing offense (125.2 yards per game) and No. 117 in rushing defense (232.3 yards allowed per game). The Cowboys will have to figure out a way to get an upper hand on the line despite losing Carlson and Purcell, who both earned first team All-Mountain West honors in 2012.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...ed-101-preseason-poll-20130517,0,1430188.post

38-14 is not that close in my opinion....especially on the road at 7,100 feet....and with a brand new O-Coordinator in only his 4th game at the helm...and Wyoming was 3-0 going into that game....

Keep in mind Wyoming won 8 games that year too....8-5.....on the season....

Again, I agree that we should win the game easily, but we need to execute and eliminate mistakes--something we did not do in Laramie. Also, I don't think the altitude was a major problem for us since we scored 24 points in the 2nd half. Our depth proved to be the big difference in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back