• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Huskers -2.5 Over/Under 48: Update -3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why people read so much into betting lines. All the line's purpose is, is to get 50% of the money on each side of it. In some ways it reflects something about teams, but mainly its about a ton of different things: how much people bet on a given team, perception, etc.

I don't understand why people read so much into betting lines. All the line's purpose is, is to get 50% of the money on each side of it. In some ways it reflects something about teams, but mainly its about a ton of different things: how much people bet on a given team, perception, etc.

Yep, line movement only tells you which way the money is flowing.

The line also moved dramatically for the Iowa game. When it hit 16 I was all over the Hawks. 3 points sounds about right for this game.

I think the game will come down to the last drive one way or the other. Odds are pretty high it will be a one score game at that point.

Interesting. I thought it would be closer to a TD, primarily because I expect the crowd to lean heavily NU. Makes sense though. It is very difficult to beat a team twice in the same season.

With all the re-matching going on lately, I sure hope this changes Saturday. The Huskers were so dominated by Wash in the rematch game, I admit not taking them seriously. The Huskers sure didn't. It would be worse by a factor of 1000 if the Huskers don't play well this week.
Interesting. I thought it would be closer to a TD, primarily because I expect the crowd to lean heavily NU. Makes sense though. It is very difficult to beat a team twice in the same season.

In most sports books, it's still NU -2.5 ... a minority have moved to -3. The O/U has moved to 49 in more books than not (from 48).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back