• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Nation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please explain why. Pops shared his holiday message with us, and I shared mine. What's the problem here?

The problem?

1. Christmas was not founded on the birth of Jesus. Was not even born on Christmas.

2. Christmas never was nor never has been a religious holiday. Most religions put their own spin on it and some don't celebrate it at all including that Santa guy.

3. Jesus could careless about Christmas, it is just another day out of the 365 days of the year he asks us to love, respect and care for eachother.

by the way Marry Christmas:)

It's "couldn't" care less. Ugh!

Sincerely,
Grammar Nazi ;)

Sorry you took it wrong, was not my intention. Only offering my brothers and sisters of this journey a time of joy. I have no problem saying merry Christmas and so a Merry Christmas to you.

How do i recognize a holiday that was founded on the birth of Christ. Because 90% of the people i know are Christian. I respect them and their belief. I live with my grandson and I hope when he is old enough he will choose his path in his journey. He knows of my Non belief yet we have sat and read the bible. When he was in daycare his day carer teacher was a black woman with a very much Christian back ground. So I hope the season brings all joy. In the human spirit as much as the Christian spirit.

I only threw the Atheist in there to show we are not all filled with hate. Nor would I ever try to stand in your way for your beliefs.

Respect

Pops, you offered all of us a nice holiday message, no doubt about that. Thanks! Actually your message is synonymous with the greatest of all commandments found in the Bible. You are in agreement with what the Christians believe.

The disciples asked Jesus what the greatest commandment was and he answered saying (Luke 10:27) “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and Love your neighbor as yourself."

However, the love of neighbor is intended to be a daily practice, not something that comes about just during the holiday season.

Anyway, I liked your message and I don't think I took it wrong, but I felt I needed to highlight the truth behind the holiday season you speak of. If Christ had not done what he did on the cross, then there would be no need to celebrate Christmas...no need for this holiday season. He did not become the savior that was born in a stable until he allowed himself to be crucified...and I think that anyone who recognizes this holiday season (as you have) needs to understand that.

We believe differently...you seem to believe man by himself has the ability to love others and bring peace on earth whereas I believe mankind can only find love and peace with one another through the power of the holy spirit. We share the same goal, but disagree on how to obtain it.

Anyway, I was not offended by what you said...nobody was. However, people were offended by what I said, and that is expected. A guy named Paul was one of the first guys to spread the gospel message back 2000 years ago and he was beaten and thrown in jail in nearly every town he visited. In the end they executed him. Gospel means Good news. Many people are offended by the good news. It has always been that way, and it still is.

So Pops, your thread spawned from your good will and good intentions and I am sure that you did not expect anyone to react to it the way I did. But there is a truth behind this holiday season that was not revealed in your message. I did not have to point that out, but I did.

Pops, you did nothing wrong. You were merely trying to do the right thing. However It is I who will be viewed as the mean-spirited culprit who tried to ruin the joy you were trying to spread with your holiday message. So be it. Christ told the truth, and they crucified for it. People will do that. Now it is my turn....Just watch, people will crucify me on this board for presenting the same message Jesus gave. It never fails.

So you're gonna be a martyr on a college football message board? Nice! Congrats!

Hey Pops, I deleted my posts...I should not have jumped on your well-intended message like that. I should have PMed you.

But when I saw your message it reminded me of the same lie that Satan told in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve fell for that deceit, and mankind has been paying the price ever since.

I was a fool at one time, we all were, and many of us still are. I now realize that Christ did not come to bring peace, but to bring a sword with which to fight the great deceiver. We are in a war, whether we realize it or not

I hope you discover the truth for yourself one day, I hope everybody does. The consequences of not discovering the truth are more than a man should have to bear. But life has a designer, and it is what it is. There is nothing we can do to change the design or the rules and principals that govern it.

Here is a true story about a man who stood in the same shoes you are in. You may not believe that this story represents the truth, but at least it will let you know where I am coming from...that I am only trying to help you, not hurt you.

Have a great holiday!

http://www.near-death.com/storm.html

Last edited:
Hey Pops, I deleted my posts...I should not have jumped your well-intended message like that. I should have PMed you.

But when I saw your message it reminded me of the same lie that Satan told in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve fell for that deceit, and mankind has been paying the price ever since.

I was a fool at one time, we all were, and many of us still are. Now I know that we are not Gods unto ourselves, and I know that Christ did not come to bring peace, but to bring a sword with which to fight the great deceiver.

I hope you discover the truth for yourself one day, I hope everybody does. The consequences of not discovering the truth are more than a man should have to bear. But life has a designer, and it is what it is. There is nothing we can do to change the design or the rules and principals that govern it.

Here is a true story about a man who stood in the same shoes you are in. You may not believe that this story represents the truth, but at least it will let you know where I am coming from...that I am just trying to help you, not hurt you.

Have a great holiday!

http://www.near-death.com/storm.html

I have asked that this thread be locked. It morphed into something I did not intend. I do not have to be a person of god to wish others well I do not have to believe in Christ to wish another Merry Christmas. My soul purpose on this earth is to help others. I work with the homeless i work with returning vets I work with addicts and junkies and prostitutes. I work with abused children.

I came on here because I was feeling a little low for medication I am on. I make myself feel better by making others feel better. I wanted to reach out to the Russian family and let them know I was thinking of them. He was a respected cat in this form. I reached out to Rojo' s family. Same thing a respected Husker Max pedia member.

I am an Atheist...please respect that. I respect your beliefs and ask nothing of you.

I'm done trying to explain myself.

My message was not a lie...it comes from the heart.

I would have to believe in God to believe in satin...so a swing and a miss

Thread locked upon request.

Hey everyone, let's all really, really try to get along during the next week or so. Whadaya say?

Bolievers-Boleavers, Christians-NonChristians, Men-Women, Cats-Dogs, everyone. Just reach out and cyberhug that other person on the other end of the internet.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back