• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Nation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pops

I have squandered my resistance
15 Year Member
I come to you as a B-leaver with opens arm and open heart in wishing you the greatest of holiday seasons. I know we can get on each others nerves throughout the season. I know we all have differing opinions and beliefs. It is this time of year that we should embrace the good that surrounds us. Not only in the sports world but in the real world. Many do not have the same luxuries as we all may. Many may be suffering through a season where family and friends are not close.

It is in this I want to offer my heart and soul to the Russian Reds family. Little Richard, if you read this please give your family a hug from me and know my thoughts are with you and yours throughout this first christmas without that grumpy old ground pounder around. The same grumpy ole ground pounder I fell in love with. May this season bring you and yours joy to your heart in what memories you carry.

To the family of Rojo, though I never spoke to him personally he was a Husker family member and he also will be missed. May your family find joy in the memories of what many here called friend.

To all of you I stand before you with bowed head and bended knee I offer respect. I offer joy, I offer the spirit of what we as brothers and sisters of each other can offer and that is, peace. Walt Whitman said it best...Peace is always beautiful.

May each of you find joy in the little thing this season and embrace them. As it is only ONE moment that is captured along this path and journey we call life. We must capture as many of the small moments as we do the larger one.

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.

Merry Christmas (from an Atheist) I say that, as, I am not offended by the spirit.

May the New Year bring us many more battles of wits, statistics and victories.

Remember. In the pursuit of perfection we find things that work and that is right. Thank you all for doing what is right and that is. making Husker Nation what it is...

Peace

Last edited:

I always knew you were good peoples!! Take care this holiday season my good friend...

Pops, loving a grumpy ole ground pounder, you can't be all bad. And, your post certainly substantiates that impression as well. I hope the spirit of your message extends throughout next year.

Pops, loving a grumpy ole ground pounder, you can't be all bad. And, your post certainly substantiates that impression as well. I hope the spirit of your message extends throughout next year.

It's easy...I'm one as well

Pops, peace be with you and yours this season as well!

May everyone here have a blessed holiday season and may the New Year bring happiness and joy. GBR

Pops, thanks for the spirit of your message, and thanks for recognizing the spirit of the season. Blessings to you and your family!:peacesign:

Interesting post coming from an atheist. We are now in the Holiday season so we should spread the message of peace on earth and good will toward men. OK

Pops says, "I come to you wishing you the greatest of holiday seasons. It is this time of year that we should embrace the good that surrounds us."

As an atheist how can you recognize a holiday season that is founded on the birth of the son of a God that you do not believe in?

Pops says, "I offer joy, I offer the spirit of what we as brothers and sisters of each other can offer and that is, peace. Walt Whitman said it best...Peace is always beautiful."

Nice message, but here is the message from the one whose birth we celebrate during this holiday season...just so you know...it is much different than yours" From Mathew 10:34... Jesus said, "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Do you have any idea what he was talking about??

Pops says, "Merry Christmas (from an Atheist) I say that, as, I am not offended by the spirit."

How can you be an atheist and at the same time claim a spirit exists that you are not offended by?

The holiday season is nice, and it is nice to remember the miraculous virgin birth of mankind's savior. But know this...Jesus did not ask us to remember his birthday...he asked us to remember what he did for us on the cross.

From Luke 22:19...And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.â€￾

The cross was the focus of Jesus' mission as a human. His job was not done until he was crucified. IMHO, the true holiday season is Easter.

As you said Pops, we each have our own beliefs...now I know yours, and now you know mine.

Peace is great, but it won't happen on this Earth until Christ returns and defeats Satan in the battle at Armageddon. Until Satan is defeated and no longer on the loose, peace will not prevail. In the meantime I suggest you take up the sword that Jesus spoke of... What is the sword?

Hebrews 4:12 says

For the word of God is living, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Ok, Pops, no offense intended. Here's hoping you remain peaceful as I wield my sword.

I am not going to wish you happy holidays, Pops, but I do wish you a Merry CHRISTmas and a happy new year!

GBR & Go Jesus!

Sorry you took it wrong, was not my intention. Only offering my brothers and sisters of this journey a time of joy. I have no problem saying merry Christmas and so a Merry Christmas to you.

How do i recognize a holiday that was founded on the birth of Christ. Because 90% of the people i know are Christian. I respect them and their belief. I live with my grandson and I hope when he is old enough he will choose his path in his journey. He knows of my Non belief yet we have sat and read the bible. When he was in daycare his day carer teacher was a black woman with a very much Christian back ground. So I hope the season brings all joy. In the human spirit as much as the Christian spirit.

I only threw the Atheist in there to show we are not all filled with hate. Nor would I ever try to stand in your way for your beliefs.

Respect

Interesting post coming from an atheist. We are now in the Holiday season so we should spread the message of peace on earth and good will toward men. OK

Pops says, "I come to you wishing you the greatest of holiday seasons. It is this time of year that we should embrace the good that surrounds us."

As an atheist how can you recognize a holiday season that is founded on the birth of the son of a God that you do not believe in?

Pops says, "I offer joy, I offer the spirit of what we as brothers and sisters of each other can offer and that is, peace. Walt Whitman said it best...Peace is always beautiful."

Nice message, but here is the message from the one whose birth we celebrate during this holiday season...just so you know...it is much different than yours" From Mathew 10:34... Jesus said, "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Do you have any idea what he was talking about??

Pops says, "Merry Christmas (from an Atheist) I say that, as, I am not offended by the spirit."

How can you be an atheist and at the same time claim a spirit exists that you are not offended by?

The holiday season is nice, and it is nice to remember the miraculous virgin birth of mankind's savior. But know this...Jesus did not ask us to remember his birthday...he asked us to remember what he did for us on the cross.

From Luke 22:19...And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

The cross was the focus of Jesus' mission as a human. His job was not done until he was crucified. IMHO, the true holiday season is Easter.

As you said Pops, we each have our own beliefs...now I know yours, and now you know mine.

Peace is great, but it won't happen on this Earth until Christ returns and defeats Satan in the battle at Armageddon. Until Satan is defeated and no longer on the loose, peace will not prevail. In the meantime I suggest you take up the sword that Jesus spoke of... What is the sword?

Hebrews 4:12 says

For the word of God is living, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Ok, Pops, no offense intended. Here's hoping you remain peaceful as I wield my sword.

I am not going to wish you happy holidays, Pops, but I do wish you a Merry CHRISTmas and a happy new year!

GBR & Go Jesus!

From a born again Christian, SHUT UP! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back