• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Football to go 'Paperless Tickets' in 2020 !!!

I don't think I will worry about the future of paperless tickets until next year, this year is an anomaly on so many fronts I don't think one year of an inconvenience is really something to get upset over.

Again, paperless does not mean mobile entry only.
It doesn't have to mean mobile only, but that's what Nebraska is doing. They even suggest coming with someone who does have a smart phone if you don't have one. However, the Nebraska ticket office has always been very friendly and accommodating. If someone doesn't have a phone, I'm sure they'll work with them.

With all that being said, I don't like this move. I've found the Husker websites and apps to be very clunky and not user friendly. I've also found the mobile networks and WiFi at the stadium to be largely inconsistent.

I'm ok with the concept, but I don't have much confidence in the execution. Having a print at home option, at least initially, would be a smarter move to work out the kinks.

With all that being said, I don't like this move. I've found the Husker websites and apps to be very clunky and not user friendly. I've also found the mobile networks and WiFi at the stadium to be largely inconsistent.
Truth! I tried logging into the app on my iPhone and the keyboard covers the input fields so I have no idea where the cursor is and can't see what I'm typing. Doesn't anybody test this crap?

It doesn't have to mean mobile only, but that's what Nebraska is doing. They even suggest coming with someone who does have a smart phone if you don't have one. However, the Nebraska ticket office has always been very friendly and accommodating. If someone doesn't have a phone, I'm sure they'll work with them.

I'm ok with the concept, but I don't have much confidence in the execution. Having a print at home option, at least initially, would be a smarter move to work out the kinks.

Agree. Live Nation etc..has been doing this for years and they even have glitches. The CWS has given the option for paperless tix for several years as well for ease of re-selling. Of course the NCAA gets a piece of the action.

I like having a ticket—I save a lot of them too. I don’t understand why they are doing this. They can easily pass the printing cost on to the fans like everything else. Maybe it’s because if they decide to proceed, they need to deliver tix quickly?

According to this article, "Each individual will need a ticket to enter the venue, the athletic department said." So everyone in the party will need a smart phone. I understand there is a trend among younger people to just have flip phones.
I’m not a younger people. Looks like I’ll need to replace my flip phone

The Final Four has been doing this for years. The NCAA then sends a paper ticket as a souvenir after the games.

There are plans, and then there is the execution of the plan. If the noise is loud enough, there will be options made to quiet them. The references I see for concerts is kind of amusing when we think about the average age and tech savvy qualities of most concert attendees. It's nearly a polar opposite of that of many college fanbases.

My car gets 30 leagues to the hogshead, and thats the way I likes it!!!

369043-abe_simpson.gif

I like having a ticket—I save a lot of them too. I don’t understand why they are doing this. They can easily pass the printing cost on to the fans like everything else. Maybe it’s because if they decide to proceed, they need to deliver tix quickly?

I think this is exactly the case.

Sometimes there is that option--every venue is different. They can make some tickets mobile only. Paperless does not necessarily mean mobile only--it means no "hard" tickets. Live Nation artists go this route (with mobile only) on tickets to prevent scalping. Concert goers have been doing this for quite awhile. I would guess with our old, tech-less fan base they will have a print option. Scanning these will not be any different than the tix they scan now.
According to the article they are not having a print at home option of course that is subject to change.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back