• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How long will Rhule stay at Nebraska?

All this jumping ship early from Nebraska assumes Rhule starts winning at a fairly high percentage. A couple of decent seasons doesn’t exactly make him the next Little Nicky imo. Only time will tell how it all plays out!

Coach Rhule being a Nebraska lifer?

One thing is for sure, and that is nothing is for sure.

Just pray that Texas A&M does well under Elko, because if not, you know Rhule will be #1 on Trev's list. And of course there's PSU, if Franklin can't get over the hump and finally break through.

Last edited:
I think if Rhule really gets things going, and I think he will do this, there is really no reason for him to leave. If he is pretty consistently winning 10 games a year, he can make the playoffs and have a chance to win it all. Right now his path to 10 win seasons is still easier at Nebraska than it will be year in and out at Texas A&M.

The only place that I think really is a draw to him, IMO, is Penn St. Unless James Franklin has a few mediocre years in a row, and I mean like 6-6 or 7-5 I don't see PSU moving on from him. I am not sure there is another job out there that Franklin wants either.

I guess I think if he is having success and he has been here 6-7 years he probably isn't going somewhere soon.

I think if Rhule really gets things going, and I think he will do this, there is really no reason for him to leave. If he is pretty consistently winning 10 games a year, he can make the playoffs and have a chance to win it all. Right now his path to 10 win seasons is still easier at Nebraska than it will be year in and out at Texas A&M.

The only place that I think really is a draw to him, IMO, is Penn St. Unless James Franklin has a few mediocre years in a row, and I mean like 6-6 or 7-5 I don't see PSU moving on from him. I am not sure there is another job out there that Franklin wants either.

I guess I think if he is having success and he has been here 6-7 years he probably isn't going somewhere soon.
There are plenty of schools that I would consider higher profile than Nebraska, offer more resources, and are in recruiting hotbeds. I would list some of those schools in no particular order; Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Texas, and USC. If one of those schools offered Rhule, I would be very worried about him leaving.

There are plenty of schools that I would consider higher profile than Nebraska, offer more resources, and are in recruiting hotbeds. I would list some of those schools in no particular order; Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Texas, and USC. If one of those schools offered Rhule, I would be very worried about him leaving.
How many of those schools would give Rhule the luxuary of having several poor seasons and not get fired? Lets see how long DeBoer lasts at Bama? Lets see how long Moore last at MU? Rhule sure knows you don’t get much time to succeed in the NFL. He did however do well fiancially. I’m not sure some of those other positions really offer more than Rhule currently enjoys at Nebraska. IMO some Husker fans want to perhaps overly down grade the worth of our HC job. I want to see how much success Nebraska enjoys over the next 4 to 5 years before getting concerned HCMR might be moving on.

The only thing any of those schools really have on Nebraska is better recruiting areas. Nebraska can compete very nicely when it comes to resources. You could probably argue that USC and Notre Dame have even less resources than Nebraska. They certainly don't have nicer facilities than Nebraska.

If Rhule can produce a winner at Nebraska, players will come to Nebraska from all over the country.

I am not saying that he won't leave for one of those places, but the need to move on to one of those places is will not be present.

Add A&M. Lured courtesy of Trev A

What if Rhule makes Nebraska a high-profile team again and doesn't leave? Where do we put his statue once he retires? What buildings will get named after him?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back