• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How long will Rhule stay at Nebraska?

Assuming Rhule starts winning at acceptable levels (average 9 wins) he could well stay at Nebraska until he retires. There are few HC coaching jobs that are more important to an entire states national image and loved more by their fanbase then Nebraska Football program imo. It’s survived the past 20 years of wandering in football no mans land yet is still a pretty well respected brand. His entire family seems to really like living in Nebraska for many reasons. If you and your family like where you live, you’re doing great financially why leave a place you’re almost universally like and respected? I believe Rhule is finished with the NFL for a lot of good reasons. He has a great chance to build something really special at Nebraska which is something every coach wants imo.

I think he wants to be here long-term. Coach Prime is the short-term guy. He will not stay in Colorado for much longer than it takes his 2 sons to get fat NFL contracts. Rhule is building a program. I don’t see that in Prime. Rhule appears to actually like recruiting And works hard to get quality high school prospects. Prime doesn’t leave town to talk to a recruit and ignores hs prospects.

PSU is literally the only job I worry about. Even that is questionable. 1 reason is TO. He literally looks every day for people to learn from. He considers TO that guy. Also Frank likes being around him. Nebraska has basically given him everything he wants.

His girls love it here since women's sports are such a big deal.

PSU is literally the only job I worry about. Even that is questionable. 1 reason is TO. He literally looks every day for people to learn from. He considers TO that guy. Also Frank likes being around him. Nebraska has basically given him everything he wants.

His girls love it here since women's sports are such a big deal.
I would say MR and the guys around him, the admin, gave us Frank back.
He belongs, Frank belongs. It's who he is, and that known appreciation of that means a lot.

Last edited:
I think he wants to be here long-term. Coach Prime is the short-term guy. He will not stay in Colorado for much longer than it takes his 2 sons to get fat NFL contracts. Rhule is building a program. I don’t see that in Prime. Rhule appears to actually like recruiting And works hard to get quality high school prospects. Prime doesn’t leave town to talk to a recruit and ignores hs prospects.
I swear, Prime lives in some of your heads rent-free. Who cares about Prime? This thread has nothing to do with him. We need to focus on our own issues and stop worrying about other schools.

I'd like to think that he has found a home in Nebraska and Lincoln (as long as he is winning), but is he likely to give it up for Penn State or some other high profile university?
I saw an interview Rhule did with Busin with the Boys sometime last year. Compton asked Rhule how long he planned to stay at Nebraska. Rhule hemmed and hawed, but never really answered the question. What I took away from that interview was that Nebraska is NOT Rhule's dream job, it was just the best available job at the time. I think if another high-profile program like Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas, or Alabama offered him, then Rhule would be gone.

However, none of those programs will make him an offer until he shows some success here. If one of those programs make him an offer, it likely would mean that Nebraska would have had at least a couple of very successful seasons with Rhule as coach. Let's hope that is the case.

Last edited:
iu
That's all that needs to be said. Close the thread.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back