• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How long will Rhule stay at Nebraska?

His wife just opened a business in Lincoln, his son is enrolling at the university this year and he is moving his parents to Omaha. I think he looking to stay for awhile

He’s here this year and seems interested in the success of the program, the players, the coaches, and the university. Thats good enough for me right now. If he “turns the program around”, whatever that might mean, the university should probably be prepared to fend off bidders. If they aren’t, then there is no reason to fret about how long any coach might stay. It’s a business. Any romantic notions otherwise went out the window when Trev ran out of his office like it was on fire.

He’s here this year and seems interested in the success of the program, the players, the coaches, and the university. Thats good enough for me right now. If he “turns the program around”, whatever that might mean, the university should probably be prepared to fend off bidders. If they aren’t, then there is no reason to fret about how long any coach might stay. It’s a business. Any romantic notions otherwise went out the window when Trev ran out of his office like it was on fire.

That is an interesting perspective.

I also think he is here to stay awhile, but the team I would keep an eye on for possibly leaving for is Texas A&M. Trev made it a point at his introductory conference there to sing high praise for Matt Rhule and told them he was "A game changer"

Last edited:

1000003460.gif

I swear, Prime lives in some of your heads rent-free. Who cares about Prime? This thread has nothing to do with him. We need to focus on our own issues and stop worrying about other schools.
Lighten up Francis. It is a simple stare and compare. They are two guys hired the same year that have completely opposite way of doing things. The national media is making the same comparisons.

AP
USA Today https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...rast-in-program-building-methods/70761457007/

MSN https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/the-golden-rhule-or-prime-time/ar-AA1l08Q8

There are literally hundreds of stories and videos if you do a search. Not all of them are from Nebraska fans.

So for you to act like it is only a thing with Nebraska fans is just ridiculous. There has not been 2 more opposite coaching philosophies in a long time. So why do people compare them outside Nebraska? Easy because they are literally Yin and Yang of college football.

Hate to say it, but I could see it happening. Very well may reach a peak with Raiola at QB, and Rhule will be a hot commodity if he completes the turnaround. Gotta be prepared when that day arrives and do everything we possibly can to keep him.

Correct, all those saying why this question, this is the reason. You have to be prepared, at all times. Money changes minds very quickly.

Rhule is no TO, not by a long shot, but he could be, heck he "could" do better.. of course that would be pretty damn hard, but he could... Even TO was looking at leaving!

EDIT: In my opinion, he will be here at least 5 years, if all goes well.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back