• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HMax doesn't work on PCs and laptops

Chrome for my browser and works on personal and work laptop with no issues. What browser are you using? Try Chrome and see if it helps if you are not already using it.

C

I don't post a lot, but do read what others post almost every day. I find it to be super slow on both my laptops and tablets. Don't normally use it on my phone. I recently got a new gaming desktop, however, and it's totally fine on that. Not sure if it's the processor speed, RAM speed, way better video card, or maybe a combo of all, but something makes the difference.

It's functional, but definitely slow. It seems to load part way then lag. Earlier today it locked up my phone completely and I actually had to remove my battery.

Chrome for my browser and works on personal and work laptop with no issues. What browser are you using? Try Chrome and see if it helps if you are not already using it.

C
Now that you mentioned it, I use Chrome on both my desktop and my Macbook pro, no issues.

I use chrome. It works a lot better on chrome than it does on anything else, but still isn't great. Before I installed my adblocker, it was nearly unusable.

I use chrome. It works a lot better on chrome than it does on anything else, but still isn't great. Before I installed my adblocker, it was nearly unusable.

I am also running adblocker and I never have any lag. I think it is more a persons hardware and software than it is the forums HW and SW.

The reason it might lag is from the extra bloat on the forum, there are some tweaks to system cache, page file size, etc that can help but that is a band aid to upgrading memory and CPU. Below are my specs, it would be interesting to see the specs of those with and with out issues to compare.

Dell Precision M2800
3GHz quad core i7
8GB Memory
64 bit OS
Google Chrome browser.

Also internet speed, people can think they have good bandwidth and not realize their wireless modem might not be giving them what they think. On top of that how many devices in the house are sucking up bandwidth. Lots of info out there about maximizing wireless routers and why they slow down at times.

https://www.extremetech.com/computi...your-wifi-speed-by-choosing-the-right-channel

C

Can't access recruiting site this morning. Football site took extra long to access. All from PC through Chrome.

I am also running adblocker and I never have any lag. I think it is more a persons hardware and software than it is the forums HW and SW.

The reason it might lag is from the extra bloat on the forum, there are some tweaks to system cache, page file size, etc that can help but that is a band aid to upgrading memory and CPU. Below are my specs, it would be interesting to see the specs of those with and with out issues to compare.

Dell Precision M2800
3GHz quad core i7
8GB Memory
64 bit OS
Google Chrome browser.

Also internet speed, people can think they have good bandwidth and not realize their wireless modem might not be giving them what they think. On top of that how many devices in the house are sucking up bandwidth. Lots of info out there about maximizing wireless routers and why they slow down at times.

https://www.extremetech.com/computi...your-wifi-speed-by-choosing-the-right-channel

C
Desktop:
Intel core i5-2500K CPU @3.30GHz 3.70 GHz
8 GB Memory
64 Bit OS
Google Chrome

Laptop:
Macbook Pro
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB Memory
Google Chrome

It's functional, but definitely slow. It seems to load part way then lag. Earlier today it locked up my phone completely and I actually had to remove my battery.
Been noticing this more and more lately. Almost unusable on a phone.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back