• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Head Coach

Real men chew

I merely pointed out that winnerwinner has a more simpler explanation, therefore is more likely true. The other guy rejects the premise because he thinks it's the wrong outcome. I've yet to give my perspective.
This post explains so much about your problems agreeing with folks hear on the internet. When you use the Google machine to read about them big words you gotta ask somebody what the words actually mean when you put a bunch of them together.

Regarding the convo on dipping, I chewed for 20 years. Skoal Winter Green only. When I was a wall street banker in the 80's every couple hours I used to stop meetings full of lawyers and clients in the World Trade Center to go sit on the toilet and spit for 20 minutes. That was back when I wasn't such a nice guy like now. I have had my share of addictions. One of the best, for sure.

Last edited:
I think there was a thread where the qb coach was held accountable for his cigars. Regardless, I'll take that bet. Fwiw, I have dipped Copenhagen, Skoal and leaf tobacco, but unfortunately I'm a spitter so I gave it all up because walking around a professional environment with a spit cup isn't a great way to win friends and influence people. I have also smoked Pall Mall and Camel non-filter cigarettes in my youth for several years until getting where I wanted to get and doing what I wanted to do in the Marine Corps meant I had to have two full capacity lungs. All bad habits so despite dancing with them now and again over the years I'm glad I finally dropped them. I would respectfully note that I never broke any rules or violated any codes of conduct when I chewed or smoked.

Like I said in my post, HCSF can do whatever he wants because he is the man. If he decides to set a bottle of Jack on the podium and slug shots as he answers questions good on him. I suppose I will still support him but that doesn't mean I'm going to change my attitude of what constitutes professionalism from someone who pulls down $5M a year. Can I mark you down as one who thinks dipping on the podium is classy and professional?
I guess it not something that I had even considered.

It's very disgusting and tacky to dip and I'm not sure why people still do it. GROSS! The red bold, I didn't "complain" about it as much as I said how nasty it is to have that big brown turd in your mouth and sucking on it and blowing that foul odor everywhere.... perhaps I did complain, hahaha!!!

Nasty, stanky and foul, that's how I view cigarettes and cigars
Lmao sounds like you are very judgmental. Here I thought we had moved on from judging people for doing things you don’t agree with

Lmao sounds like you are very judgmental. Here I thought we had moved on from judging people for doing things you don’t agree with
Smoke and dip/chew all you want, doesn't change the fact that for me, I find them disgusting habits. Pretty sure I never said to outlaw your personal use of said product, just like I am fine with people smoking pot, doesn't mean I have to partake. What's your opinion on marijuana and people being able to smoke it anywhere they want, but more importantly, in the privacy of their own home?

I stand by my personal beliefs that tobacco is NASTY in all it's forms.

This post explains so much about your problems agreeing with folks hear on the internet. When you use the Google machine to read about them big words you gotta ask somebody what the words actually mean when you put a bunch of them together.

Regarding the convo on dipping, I chewed for 20 years. Skoal Winter Green only. When I was a wall street banker in the 80's every couple hours I used to stop meetings full of lawyers and clients in the World Trade Center to go sit on the toilet and spit for 20 minutes. That was back when I wasn't such a nice guy like now. I have had my share of addictions. One of the best, for sure.

I miss dipping. Every....single....day.

I never worked on Wall Street, but I wasn't much of a nice guy either.

Maybe it was the dip?

I think there was a thread where the qb coach was held accountable for his cigars. Regardless, I'll take that bet. Fwiw, I have dipped Copenhagen, Skoal and leaf tobacco, but unfortunately I'm a spitter so I gave it all up because walking around a professional environment with a spit cup isn't a great way to win friends and influence people. I have also smoked Pall Mall and Camel non-filter cigarettes in my youth for several years until getting where I wanted to get and doing what I wanted to do in the Marine Corps meant I had to have two full capacity lungs. All bad habits so despite dancing with them now and again over the years I'm glad I finally dropped them. I would respectfully note that I never broke any rules or violated any codes of conduct when I chewed or smoked.

Like I said in my post, HCSF can do whatever he wants because he is the man. If he decides to set a bottle of Jack on the podium and slug shots as he answers questions good on him. I suppose I will still support him but that doesn't mean I'm going to change my attitude of what constitutes professionalism from someone who pulls down $5M a year. Can I mark you down as one who thinks dipping on the podium is classy and professional?

I have no issue with him dipping. Trying to equate it with drinking on the podium seems kind of hollow, but I get that's where this has been headed for some time.

Thank you for your military service. I, too, have had my share of dancing with the devils in the pale moonlight....hardcore Bikram Yoga ultimately made a difference for the long term - that and a few grandkids. I've been laughing my ass off over some of these posts. I'm ready anytime to share some single malt scotch and smoke a Don Diego cigar with this crowd. ( actually, I gotta retract that - one drag on the cigar and I'm hooked again but I'll do the vicarious thing..) Glenlivet works and I drink a Guinness Stout every year on the anniversary of Pat Tillman's death.

That’s a great story. The challenges of a high rise building. I would probably still be chewing if I didn’t salivate like Pavlov’s dog once it hit my gums. I always envied those guys who can dip without spitting. I had a buddy who could pack it in, spit once and never spit again for hours.

Whatever man?

Ok. I guess we're just going to agree to disagree here.
I’m not selling my monkey suit so you better get yours before Walmart sells out.
We both agree chewing is not a good habit.
We both like chewing.
We both support our head coach.
I don’t think chewing is a good look for a head coach while conducting a news conference and you don’t think it’s a big deal.
Love and kisses brother.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back