• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HCSF Accounting for where this team is?

At least 20 of the 41. In 1967 there were 10 total.
There were 39 bowl games scheduled last year. One, the First Responder bowl was cancelled due to weather.

21 bowls invited at least one team that had no more than 7 (.580, assuming 12 games played) wins: Sun, Liberty, Redbox, Military, Arizona, Belk, Music City, Texas, Pinstripe, Independence, Cheez-It, Quick Lane, First Responder, Hawaii, Idaho Potato, Bahamas, Gasparilla, Frisco, Camelia, Las Vegas, and Cure bowls. None of those are "prime" bowls with the possible exception of the Sun & Liberty.

7 bowls had both teams with at least 8 wins but can't seriously be considered "prime:" Taxslayer, Camping World, Dollar General, Armed Forces, Boca Raton, New Orleans, & New Mexico

The remaining (prime) bowls are Cotton, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Rose, Peach, Citrus, Outback, Holiday, & Alamo for 10 bowl games. If you want to throw in the Sun, Liberty, and the NC game you get a total of 13. You'd really have to stretch "prime" to get to 20. If you want to agrue that, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Those 2 6-4 teams would not have made it to any of those 13, IMO.

There were 39 bowl games scheduled last year. One, the First Responder bowl was cancelled due to weather.

21 bowls invited at least one team that had no more than 7 (.580, assuming 12 games played) wins: Sun, Liberty, Redbox, Military, Arizona, Belk, Music City, Texas, Pinstripe, Independence, Cheez-It, Quick Lane, First Responder, Hawaii, Idaho Potato, Bahamas, Gasparilla, Frisco, Camelia, Las Vegas, and Cure bowls. None of those are "prime" bowls with the possible exception of the Sun & Liberty.

7 bowls had both teams with at least 8 wins but can't seriously be considered "prime:" Taxslayer, Camping World, Dollar General, Armed Forces, Boca Raton, New Orleans, & New Mexico

The remaining (prime) bowls are Cotton, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Rose, Peach, Citrus, Outback, Holiday, & Alamo for 10 bowl games. If you want to throw in the Sun, Liberty, and the NC game you get a total of 13. You'd really have to stretch "prime" to get to 20. If you want to agrue that, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Those 2 6-4 teams would not have made it to any of those 13, IMO.
I guess I'll bow to your "expertise" on the word prime. LOL

I have said before that replacing a couple of the assistants wouldn't be a bad thing. As I think more about it, if there is any hope the guys we have on staff can help, they need to stay, simply for the continuity. But HCSF needs to (and I'm sure he will) have a come to Jesus meeting with each individual assistant at the end of the year. Ultimately it's Frost that takes the hit for their shortcomings. Frost's message should and most likely will be: "Help me get this thing fixed, or find somewhere else to coach".

It might not be quite that harsh, lol.

I asked this question that you didn't answer:

Minnesota is unbeaten this year...do you really think they are better than Alabama?

I think if they played we would know for sure. Until that point, it is basically an opinion. It may be shared by the majority, but it is still an opinion.

I think if they played we would know for sure. Until that point, it is basically an opinion. It may be shared by the majority, but it is still an opinion.
I guess you want to keep waiting for you too way in...well, what is your opinion? On Friday 11/15/2019 was Minnesota better than Alabama?

@Bigger Ed,

I have a strong feeling that lesser (non-P5) teams feel no less prime in bowls that cater to them than say an Auburn going to the Cotton Bowl as a runner-up SEC team. Different bowls cater to different levels of competition. Some of these matchups cost their universities, which is less of a concern than the administrations using them for official business to soak up embellishments by their 'staff'. Without the presidents of these universities you really have no bowl support for the P5. So while we might not agree these are prime bowls, they all have their place.

I have said before that replacing a couple of the assistants wouldn't be a bad thing. As I think more about it, if there is any hope the guys we have on staff can help, they need to stay, simply for the continuity. But HCSF needs to (and I'm sure he will) have a come to Jesus meeting with each individual assistant at the end of the year. Ultimately it's Frost that takes the hit for their shortcomings. Frost's message should and most likely will be: "Help me get this thing fixed, or find somewhere else to coach".

It might not be quite that harsh, lol.
I love this post but disagree with the bolded. As it's been explained ad nauseam here, HCSF is untouchable. He is not going to take any "hits" regardless of what transpires from 0-12 all the way to 14-0. He does what he wants, results do not matter because there is no other option. :Corn2:

@Bigger Ed,

I have a strong feeling that lesser (non-P5) teams feel no less prime in bowls that cater to them than say an Auburn going to the Cotton Bowl as a runner-up SEC team. Different bowls cater to different levels of competition. Some of these matchups cost their universities, which is less of a concern than the administrations using them for official business to soak up embellishments by their 'staff'. Without the presidents of these universities you really have no bowl support for the P5. So while we might not agree these are prime bowls, they all have their place.
Sure, but that was not the context of the discussion. GFOA wanted to send a couple of '60's 6-4 teams to a prime bowl, even stating that they were as good if not better than one of the Husker NC teams (don't remember which one he said.)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back