• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Has any school ever….

So, you’re ok with what we have now? What’s wrong with some sort type of rules for everyone to follow? Do you like a lawless society?
You do realize that te hnically the school has nothing to do with how much each kid makes. It os all based on the deal they make. Should the NCAA tell the AC company theu are paying polar bear too much? Or maybe they should tell Lexi she can not have a trading card.

The courts told the NCAA they can not control the NIL market. If Buffett decided he wanted to pay a QB a billion dollars. There is nothing the NCAA or the school can do to stop it. The deal os between the company and the player.

Reactions: jtf
You do realize that te hnically the school has nothing to do with how much each kid makes. It os all based on the deal they make. Should the NCAA tell the AC company theu are paying polar bear too much? Or maybe they should tell Lexi she can not have a trading card.

The courts told the NCAA they can not control the NIL market. If Buffett decided he wanted to pay a QB a billion dollars. There is nothing the NCAA or the school can do to stop it. The deal os between the company and the player.
I don’t know why people get so upset that kids are making NIL $$. It’s not like they are taking opportunities away from message board posters. Social media has a lot of young people getting paid for their popularity, why are some people so jealous of athletes who work hard to get themselves to this spot?

Maybe not everyone likes capitalism or individual rights but they are part of the system we live in and that isn’t going to change in our lifetimes (I hope).

I don’t know why people get so upset that kids are making NIL $$. It’s not like they are taking opportunities away from message board posters. Social media has a lot of young people getting paid for their popularity, why are some people so jealous of athletes who work hard to get themselves to this spot?

Maybe not everyone likes capitalism or individual rights but they are part of the system we live in and that isn’t going to change in our lifetimes (I hope).
Amen brother

. If you think people don’t notice these things, you’d be sadly mistaken.
This gets exhausting. You do know the offensive lineman and the quarterback get the same payment for playing don't you? They get their scholarship. That's it. They don't get anything more for playing. You are making up lies that they get anything more for playing. They are getting NIL paid for a SMALL portion of the attention their brand brings to Husker nation in the form of business and social media marketing. How much social media and attention has any lineman brought to Nebraska? Now compare that to Dylan. You could add up the whole 27 other recruits this year and the social impact they have had in national and social media and it wouldn't add up to what Dylan himself has brought. THAT IS WHAT NIL IS PAYING FOR. You have been told this a million times. People do notice. They notice him. You are sadly mistaken.

Never said otherwise, however, once again, you’re talking about kids here. If you think that no one will notice that, that would be false. In many cases here, these are kids right out of HS, or close to that. They aren’t 25-30 year old pros.
So what if they are 18 or 30. What difference does it make if they are generating the business? Is there some age that you approve of? A certain period where you say this person is now of age to capitalize off what businesses have capitalized off them before they met your age threshold?

So, you’re ok with what we have now? What’s wrong with some sort type of rules for everyone to follow? Do you like a lawless society?
lawless society? What the freak are you talking about? I think we can all agree we have enough laws. Do I think there should be more laws to prevent capitalism by businesses off someone's name image and likeliness and not get reimbursed. Well SCOTUS says No. And they say there shouldn't be a law saying how much that person can make.

These business's using their name, likeliness and image aren't complaining about how much they have to pay to use it. Why are you complaining that they are getting it?

So what if they are 18 or 30. What difference does it make if they are generating the business? Is there some age that you approve of? A certain period where you say this person is now of age to capitalize off what businesses have capitalized off them before they met your age threshold?
No point. We won’t agree.

No point. We won’t agree.
Likely nobody will agree with you because, contrary to your normal posting, you are arguing a point that is irrational and defenseless because you refuse to recognize what NIL is all about. Even if NIL is being used as a recruiting tool, which it is, the actual money earned is from Name, image and likeness.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back