• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hard to defend this performance in the first half.

You're talking about 3 guys, out of 100. Not enough to move the needle. Good try though.

Here's the deal ... Okie State is loaded with talent. I think you understand that oftentimes 3-star players develop into NFL talent. And sometimes, 5-star talent fails.

The Cowboys starting QB and #1 WR were both projected NFL picks in the last draft. And both opted to return. Two future NFLers, playing now as seniors. And those aren't the only future NFL players on that roster. But when you combine talent with experience, you have something. That takes patience and development.

To note, Nebraska is a very young team. One of the more inexperienced in the nation. Now, I'm not making excuses for yesterday's loss. Shouldn't have happened regardless. But the difference between Okie State -- in year 13 for Gundy -- is huge compared to NU.

There is not an analyst nor scout out there that will claim Nebraska currently is more talented than Okie State.

Remember, Gundy was 4-7 his first season. 7 wins the next two. It's not like he walked in and all of a sudden created a top 10 powerhouse.

So it ultimately comes down to patience. You haven't had it since day one. I chose the patient route. But never once said Riley will get the job done. Instead, I believe in letting a coach coach for a few years before ripping him to pieces (as I also did with Bo). That's my choice. Doesn't mean Riley will succeed. If you find more pleasure in a continual attack from the start, then that's your choice.

Last edited:
I chose the patient route. But never once said Riley will get the job done. Instead, I believe in letting a coach coach for a few years before ripping him to pieces (as I also did with Bo). That's my choice.

Mine too. Don't care who has the headsets on, I'm going to cheer like hell they do a good job and figure it out. Really, really want Riley to succeed. Not just because he's a good guy, but his success is our success as a fanbase and a university. Don't know why that has so many panties in a wad.

Here's the deal ... Okie State is loaded with talent. I think you understand that oftentimes 3-star players develop into NFL talent. And sometimes, 5-star talent fails.

The Cowboys starting QB and #1 WR were both projected NFL picks in the last draft. And both opted to return. Two future NFLers, playing now as seniors. And those aren't the only future NFL players on that roster. But when you combine talent with experience, you have something. That takes patience and development.

To note, Nebraska is a very young team. One of the more inexperienced in the nation. Now, I'm not making excuses for yesterday's loss. Shouldn't have happened regardless. But the difference between Okie State -- in year 13 for Gundy -- is huge compared to NU.

There is not an analyst nor scout out there that will claim Nebraska currently is more talented than Okie State.

Remember, Gundy was 4-7 his first season. 7 wins the next two. It's not like he walked in and all of a sudden created a top 10 powerhouse.

So it ultimately comes down to patience. You haven't had it since day one. I chose the patient route. But never once said Riley will get the job done. Instead, I believe in letting a coach coach for a few years before ripping him to pieces (as I also did with Bo). That's my choice. Doesn't mean Riley will succeed. If you find more pleasure in a continual attack from the start, then that's your choice.
I know what Okie State has. In fact, I'll be at the tcu okie sate game next weekend. Sister is a season tix holder. All I know is what they recruit. They have 4 receivers and a qb that are going to play on Sunday's. That's a coach pulling that talent out. Who has Riley coached here that's gotten better? It's a train wreck every week.

I chose the way I believe because this was a bad idea, from the get go. Like I've said, it's difficult to praise something you don't believe in. It's hard to lie. If you need to see more of the same, I can't help you.ive seen enough. Time to move on if NU wants to get back to the business of winning.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back