• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Happy Memorial Day

Bean

Grey Shirt
10 Year Member
Memorial Day is a U.S. national holiday that honors the country's military members who died in service. It is observed on the last Monday in May. The holiday offers citizens a chance to reflect on the countless individuals who served and lost their lives and come together with the families and communities left behind. Memorial Day originated during the American Civil War when citizens placed flowers on the graves of those who had been killed in battle.

Happy Memorial Day to all of you. A special thanks to you who have lost someone while they were serving our country in our military.

Last edited:

Memorial Day is a U.S. national holiday that honors the country's military members who died in service. It is observed on the last Monday in May. The holiday offers citizens a chance to reflect on the countless individuals who served and lost their lives and come together with the families and communities left behind. Memorial Day originated during the American Civil War when citizens placed flowers on the graves of those who had been killed in battle.

Happy Memorial Day to all of you. A special thanks to you who have lost someone while they were serving our country in our military.

Thanks for posting and God Bless the U.S.A. and all that gave the ultimate sacrifice, served and serving.

Going to go see Dad at the Massachusetts (Bourne) National Cemetery in few.

Bless each and every service member and LEO who has lost their life in sevice to this great country.

We have month long celebrations for sexual orientation, but only one day for those who gave us the freedoms we have today.

Take a moment to thank a vet.

Last edited:
Solemn reflections seem more appropriate than ‘happy’ as I recall the names of family members who perished in our past wars or Soldiers lost during previous deployments.

Grateful for all who have served and for those that gave their all.

1685367713846.jpeg

We were one of the fortunate families. My Uncle served in WWII but never left the states although he was boarding a ship in San Francisco at the time we dropped the bomb. My dad had three kids and worked in a special job in the defense industry, but had just been called up for the draft when we dropped the bomb. My brothers had physical ailments that disqualified them, and I served in between the Korean and the Viet Nam wars as a private subbing in as a platoon leader in an infantry company since we reduced the size of the army so quickly after Korea.

Our kids were too young for the draft.

Just a fortunate family and we understand how much we owe to those who were not so fortunate. We had a number of gold star friends.

I feel very lucky and honored to have served 6 years in the active military and 20 in the reserves. Every immediate family relative has served and several gave all they had to give. I’ll never forgot all the great guys I served with over the years. Today is truly a day to remember all of the 1.1 million that died in the military service of America. Freedom is never Free!

Last edited:
Before renovate, all four pillars of Memorial stadium was given an inscription .....
  • Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
  • Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
  • Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
  • Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."
Now, hidden view :( ......
w79UBxJ.png

Hey, just use Egyptian statue (moving). Relocate from original pillars to a new renovate stadium ;)
images
(New dam along the Nile River threatened to submerge the Abu Simbel temples)

Psz3IQt.png

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back