• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Happy for the Players

I get that, Lee played great. I was hoping to see some new wrinkles coming out of a bye week. We saw nothing new, and that is not the players fault.

Deaco sits back in a bend don’t break defense and he thinks it is fine. You think a team like Iowa St. or Purdue has better players defensively than Nebraska? It is the style of play that frustrates me. He literally blitzed like 4x in the game.

Disagree.

TE's became a real part of the offense last night and Diaco did not sit back and constantly give a ten yard cushion. Much more aggressive in coverage and it cost NU several times.

Good win for the kids and yes, the coaches. They all needed a 'W'.

Last edited:

I get that, Lee played great. I was hoping to see some new wrinkles coming out of a bye week. We saw nothing new, and that is not the players fault.

Deaco sits back in a bend don’t break defense and he thinks it is fine. You think a team like Iowa St. or Purdue has better players defensively than Nebraska? It is the style of play that frustrates me. He literally blitzed like 4x in the game.

As mentioned, plenty of threads for your observations. Original poster specifically tried to set up a thread to acknowledge the players for not quitting and playing until the end. Second poster tried to point that out in reply to your first response.

I think the young players are starting to learn that they had more effort to give than they thought. I'm sure that they've been thinking that they have been giving max effort; but, then you see Lamar Jackson play with more aggressiveness than in prior games and you see Newby make a critical stop in the backfield to hold Purdue to a FG at a critical point in the game.

Also, I think that they showed a good amount of heart and character as their teammates went down to injury or continued to fight through less serious injuries.

Yup, you have to hand it to the players for this game. They did not play well, but in the end pulled out the win. Good to see them finish with some resolve. Glad for them and for the coaches. Now, let us all cheer them on next week.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back