• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Haarberg, Fidone, Brown, Ervin and Bando Joined Sean Callahan To Discuss New Coaches, Offensive Scheme Changes: Some Really Good Stuff

I just don't understand the "wait for the defense" approach on the line . . . had heard Dr. Rob mention that before last year when he'd say things like "it looks like the line is being coached to catch the defenders and get in their way and not attack them from the get-go". Not surprising the results that had far too often.

Really looking forward to hopefully seeing the line simplified and more aggressive.
Agree...but on a pure pass play that's the way it is, right? Form the pocket of protection, etc..

Run play or RPO? I hope the line is knocking defenders on their rears. Those plays need to look identical to the defense.

Any good defensive lineman can get through a zone block scheme, a nasty man-man scheme? Not so simple. Zone is essentially a drop step one way and working to the outside shoulder of the defender, but more lateral than a legit drop step

That's why the most successful zone blocking offensive lines had quicker players who'd cause issues for defensive lines. Slow first steps are a killer for zone or pulling schemes.

Agree...but on a pure pass play that's the way it is, right? Form the pocket of protection, etc..

Run play or RPO? I hope the line is knocking defenders on their rears. Those plays need to look identical to the defense.
RPO could also cause issues with man to man blocking. Have to stay within 3 yards of LOS for a pass play. This could get tricky. Probably why RPO offenses use so much zone blocking.

RPO could also cause issues with man to man blocking. Have to stay within 3 yards of LOS for a pass play. This could get tricky. Probably why RPO offenses use so much zone blocking.
Of course. So the linemens attitude is a run or pass tell in the RPO. Linemen firing off the ball? It be a pure run, boys.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back