• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Haarberg, Fidone, Brown, Ervin and Bando Joined Sean Callahan To Discuss New Coaches, Offensive Scheme Changes: Some Really Good Stuff

There was alot going on inside the Chicago Bears locker room last season. Most offensive players didnt agree with the way hc Nagy was running the offense with a rookie mobile qb and a stud rb. Raiola had to be pissed. Once Tevin Jenkins was finally healthy the ol finally had some fire.

I expect the ol to look 100% different. I doubt Raiola took the job without a guarantee a bigger influence in the power run game. Has there been any confirmation if its a zone blocking run game or straight down hill man v man. With the things we are hearing, doesnt sound zone blocking at all.

I've never seen that movie, but I can basically imagine that scene being acted out by Christian Peter, Jason Peter, and Grant Wistrom.
Never? I watched at least 2 or 3 times. Drama, comedy and satire film. Pretty good movie.

Closely resembles the Dallas Cowboys. North Dallas HC, looks like Tom Landry. QB ...... Don Meredith. WR, Peter Gent.

I just don't understand the "wait for the defense" approach on the line . . . had heard Dr. Rob mention that before last year when he'd say things like "it looks like the line is being coached to catch the defenders and get in their way and not attack them from the get-go". Not surprising the results that had far too often.

Really looking forward to hopefully seeing the line simplified and more aggressive.

Last edited:
Never? I watched at least 2 or 3 times. Drama, comedy and satire film. Pretty good movie.

Closely resembles the Dallas Cowboys. North Dallas HC, looks like Tom Landry. QB ...... Don Meredith. WR, Peter Gent.

That guy was drafted to the Cowboys a full twenty years before I was born. And I'm not exactly a spring chicken.

I can’t believe ppl get this excited about football in Feb and March. Big whoop! It only matters in the Fall. Go drink your kook aid though. I can wait 6 more months to see how the team really looks when it matters-in games.

I just don't understand the "wait for the defense" approach on the line . . . had heard Dr. Rob mention that before last year when he'd say things like "it looks like the line is being coached to catch the defenders and get in their way and not attack them from the get-go". Not surprising the results that had far too often.

Really looking forward to hopefully seeing the line simplified and more aggressive.

I don't know if he's referring to the zone blocking first step or not. It's almost a drop step backwards and to the side of the play. It looks passive, and with penetration at the snap it can cause problems for the offense. I've talked to several folks who insist most of what we run is zone blocking, but that's not what I'm seeing. It's more gap with zone mixed in.

Just reading that R wants the line to attack makes me smile

That said it disgusts that SF allowed our having an OL that for four seasons that played footsy

I don't know if he's referring to the zone blocking first step or not. It's almost a drop step backwards and to the side of the play. It looks passive, and with penetration at the snap it can cause problems for the offense. I've talked to several folks who insist most of what we run is zone blocking, but that's not what I'm seeing. It's more gap with zone mixed in.
Any good defensive lineman can get through a zone block scheme, a nasty man-man scheme? Not so simple. Zone is essentially a drop step one way and working to the outside shoulder of the defender, but more lateral than a legit drop step

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back