• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Greatest Athlete from State of Nebraska

Cvillehusker

stranded in Boilermaker country
5 Year Member
So its the off season thought I would ask this here. I saw on another Sports Sight a List of the Greatest Athlete from each State.The only rule was the person had to be native to the State.The Pick for NE was Bob Gibson which I absolutely have no Problem with. I would think the conversation has to include Gale Sayers and wondered whom else might be on this Short List?

The OWH published a list of their greatest Nebraska athletes a few short years ago. I forget if it included 50 or 100 names. Bob Gibson topped their list also. Gale way up there too. Johnny Rodgers, Bob Boozer, Marlin Briscoe and Tom Kropp were names in the top 10. Can't remember if Eric Couch was top 10 or not. I think Scotty was. Oh, and Jim Hartung and Phil Cahoy were way up there. And Miss Houghtelling and Jordan Larson.

Last edited:

So its the off season thought I would ask this here. I saw on another Sports Sight a List of the Greatest Athlete from each State.The only rule was the person had to be native to the State.The Pick for NE was Bob Gibson which I absolutely have no Problem with. I would think the conversation has to include Gale Sayers and wondered whom else might be on this Short List?
Terence Crawford

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back