• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Great guys for Frost

Not one player mentioned in this thread (from the Pelini/Riley era)
IMO would start for Frost in this offense, especially not the QB's, unless we were woefully deficient at a position (like we were at WR last year).

Last edited:
IMO would start for Frost in this offense, especially not the QB's, unless we were woefully deficient at a position (like we were at WR last year).
I think you are probably correct. But if I would have had to decide between TMartinez and TArmstrong after Adrian was assaulted in the CU game last year, I would have put TArmstrong in at QB. TA had runs at being a decent passer (think 2015 MSU game, last drive). I also believe he did throw the ball too hard on occasion, causing all the dropped passes. But, I always thought TA was one of the toughest QBs we ever had.

I would have put TM in the same backfield (or wide out). I don't know his receiving ability, but I would have loved to have seen him get out in the open to catch a perfectly thrown pass (no, I don't know if TA could have done that consistently). I doubt there would be too many DBs that would ever catch him. Jet sweeps could have been great also.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would think he could be a receiver/running back. He wasn't very shifty (with some exceptions), especially in tight spaces. And I don't know that he would have been a good route runner, and I would have been pleasantly surprised if he had good hands.

If he had any ability to catch the ball, I could see him being a fly route receiver, exclusively. The one thing he did have was insane straight line speed so let him do just that, run really fast in one direction without any routes to worry about.

It would probably be a bit obvious when he came on the field, but maybe towards the end of the game when the defenders are getting tired, bring him in and tell him to go deep.

Abdullah and DPE would have played, imo.

In QBs, I don't think either TM or TA or any of our others were fast enough blinkers to even see field. I don't mean to run them down - they each had strengths that were valuable in other systems, and some that would be valuable in this one, but in this scheme fast blinking is not just a nice to have, it's essential, and a very specific skill.

I hope it's not too hard to recruit. My Debbie Downer side worries we're being spoiled by AM as our first out of the gate.

Last edited:

You dont think Ameer would've started?

Kenny Bell as a combo WR/LB

giphy.gif

Oops! Yes, he would definitely start.
I think the only other no brainier aside from Abdullah would be Enunwa. Good hands, good size, good blocker, and good speed... And he loved to hit people. People like to show KBs hit against Wisconsin, but Quincy had several de-cleaters. He's also had probably the best pro-career for an offensive skill player since BJax, unless I'm forgetting someone.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back