• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Great article by Dedrick Mills

Very happy for Mills because that's what it's all about. It's also one heck of positive article about our coaching staff and how they take care of their players. Great recruiting tool to show potential recruits family how things are done for players at Nebraska.

Sounds like a kid who is on the right path now. He really came on strong in the second half of last season. Makes you wonder if his improvement on the field was due in part to his personal improvement, in addition to the obvious advancement from learning the playbook better. I’m anxious to see him strong out of the gate this year. He’s definitely going to be an easy kid to cheer on.

Sounds like a kid who is on the right path now. He really came on strong in the second half of last season. Makes you wonder if his improvement on the field was due in part to his personal improvement, in addition to the obvious advancement from learning the playbook better. I’m anxious to see him strong out of the gate this year. He’s definitely going to be an easy kid to cheer on.

Yeah, the loose timeline seems to correlate. You always root for these kids to realize their full potential , and DM seems like he's going to give it his all. What a testament to the coaches and staff really caring about these kids. Can you imagine how rewarding it is to them?
Major kudos to DM for not only really doing the work, but even more for sharing his story in the way that he did.....in his own words.
Go get 'em, Dedrick!!!

The first step was realizing that his attitude and actions needed to change. Many never make it to that point. I'm proud that we've provided him with the counseling and tools he needs to persevere in the pursuit of his life goals. The discipline to sustain this change is ultimately up to Dedrick, but it sounds like he's on the right path and we all wish him the best.

Similar to Randy Gregory. Mills failed his several GTech drug test. Both guys had no criminal records but bad habits :rolleyes:. Simply smoking weed. No hard drugs.

Myself, beer/liquor are more dangerous than MJ both physical and mental (my past experience). Need to changed drug tests ...... Cannabis=PASSED, >0.08% Alcohol=FAILED
Randy Gregory might agree with you, but nowhere in the tone of the article does DM appear to share the thought that the drug tests simply need to change and he would be fine. He knows that was a barrier to becoming the person and player he wants to become.

Continued good luck Dedrick, were happy your here, ....... life isnt where ya been... it's where your going, ...and your on a good path my friend. A whole state want's to support you Dedrick. Your effort and resilience, when coupled with your degree, will take you far. Once a husker, always a husker.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back