• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Graduate Transfer OL Brandon Kennedy

What is his academic focus (major) at the Graduate level?
Do we hIave an academic Graduate program that would attract him?
Do we have a cheerleader that would attract him?

I like the way you think. Let me build on it: I think we should start the world's first graduate program in cheerleading management. We're going to need this kind of thing more than once. Let's set it up right the first time.

Last edited:
Sad to say but you are probably right. Locked out of SEC. Probably ACC bound.
I think he is still waiting to make an in person appeal at Alabama after they denied his initial appeal. He is currently trying to open contact with Tennessee and Auburn. Saban sounds pretty set on not allowing anything SEC. Mentioning ACC, I'd wouldn't be surprised to see them block Clemson, FSU, et al. This kid has 3 years to go and may have played more if not for the injury that gave him the medical redshirt. Saban may not want to give him to anyone he deems a playoff contender. Of course, I have just talked him out of coming to Nebraska....

I think he is still waiting to make an in person appeal at Alabama after they denied his initial appeal. He is currently trying to open contact with Tennessee and Auburn. Saban sounds pretty set on not allowing anything SEC. Mentioning ACC, I'd wouldn't be surprised to see them block Clemson, FSU, et al. This kid has 3 years to go and may have played more if not for the injury that gave him the medical redshirt. Saban may not want to give him to anyone he deems a playoff contender. Of course, I have just talked him out of coming to Nebraska....
I have not paid close attention to the the scope of omnipotence a coach has over where a transferring player may sign with whether graduated or not. If what you are saying is true then I am stunned by the latitude a coach has over the future of a transferring player. Could a coach banish a transferring player to D2 only? Where does it end? Has this degree of power been challenged in the courts before? Seems like legal fodder to me.

I have not paid close attention to the the scope of omnipotence a coach has over where a transferring player may sign with whether graduated or not. If what you are saying is true then I am stunned by the latitude a coach has over the future of a transferring player. Could a coach banish a transferring player to D2 only? Where does it end? Has this degree of power been challenged in the courts before? Seems like legal fodder to me.
First, I have reported you for using the word “omnipotence “

Second, it’s ridiculous they can control kids to this magnitude after they graduate. If this was a BIG school that required 4 yr scholarships, it would be one thing, but 50/50 Saban drops this kid next year if he stayed on.

First, I have reported you for using the word “omnipotence

Second, it’s ridiculous they can control kids to this magnitude after they graduate. If this was a BIG school that required 4 yr scholarships, it would be one thing, but 50/50 Saban drops this kid next year if he stayed on.
Too many syllables? Sounds kind of like...dare I say 'impotence'? Does HuskerMax want us to reduce our vocabulary to that of a 3rd Grader? I'm guessing 'poopie head' is still way out of line and asking for banishment.

I like the way you think. Let me build on it: I think we should start the world's first graduate program in cheerleading management. We're going to need this kind of thing more than once. Let's set it up right the first time.
There is a job waiting for the first graduate to work for the Washington Redskins.

Not sure it's a great fit. He doesn't know this offense. You need your Center to have a grasp of it. Tanner Farmer may not have experience as a center, but he would be 20 practices ahead of any grad transfer on understanding the offense. We are still pretty deep on the interior OL. Better to save those schollies for a CB, OT or deserving walk-on.

The kid weighs 305 pounds. If we need him to play tackle, he can play tackle. He would be an asset to the Cornhuskers.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back