• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Goodyear Cotton Bowl Canceled

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
I thought. Wow, fourteen players are opt out and/or injuries (Gators). Florida's severe shortage.

Last edited:

I thought. Wow, fourteen players are ops out and/or injuries (Gators). Florida's severe shortage.

I'm stunned UF QB Kyle Trask didn't opt out of this game, especially after his top two targets TE Kyle Pitts and WR Kadarius Toney decided not to play. Even if he (hopefully) escapes the game uninjured, his 3 INT first quarter tape isn't going to help him.

I'm stunned UF QB Kyle Trask didn't opt out of this game, especially after his top two targets TE Kyle Pitts and WR Kadarius Toney decided not to play. Even if he (hopefully) escapes the game uninjured, his 3 INT first quarter tape isn't going to help him.
Florida vs Bama tussle in SEC CCG was actually final Gators game. Cotton Bowl was simply glorified scrimmage. Lots of 2nd and 3rd string players. Money talks I suppose (bowl $payout).

Last edited:

Florida vs Bama tussle in SEC CCG was actually final Gators game. Cotton Bowl was simply glorified scrimmage. Lots of 2nd and 3rd string players. Money talks I suppose (bowl $payout).

Despite the overall stats, Trask didn't help himself that much in that game. It merely reinforced NFL scouts doubts about his arm strength and mobility. Took 5 sacks against Alabama and 4 against LSU a week earlier. Both Kiper and McShay have him as the #6 QB in the draft. That's not going to improve after tonight. I seriously doubt he goes in the 1st round.

1609386107418.jpeg

Yes. Enough already. Play with who you've got or say no to the game. No excuses.

This is why the bowl system sucks with only a 4 team playoff. Player opt outs is the new normal, not a COVID anomaly.

Exactly. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we see is players who opt out much closer to game time. The line on this game in Vegas changed dramatically after Miami QB D'Eriq King likely tore his ACL in the Cheez-It Bowl. Apparently, many people thought that injury would cause Kyle Trask to opt out of the game.

Last edited:

#7 Florida - 13 #6 Oklahoma - 55 with 4 minutes to play.

Florida scores a TD to make the score shockingly close now. 20 - 55 OU.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back