• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Glenn Thomas is the new QB coach

With so many years of experience Thomas isn't green. Has a good head on his shoulders. For sure he took the correct direction at the fork in the road and will help us get to a bowl game. He'll put down roots in Lincoln after he leaves Pittsburgh. I'm sure he'll use some dressing to disguise his plays so the offense doesn't hit an iceberg. Wonder how much cabbage he'll get from NU. This hire makes me want to cheer and crouton the 'Huskers even more! I bet he's approachable and arugala guy.

Last edited:

Thomas will be departing the NFL to take on his new role at Nebraska, leaving his role as a Pittsburgh Steelers offensive assistant as he helped the Steelers make a push into the playoffs that ended in a 31-17 loss to the Buffalo Bills in Monday's wild card round.

Interesting he says "final" piece. I'm sure that's right, but does close the door on any other new coaches (I don't know who that would be to be honest).

I think that comment was in reference to the coaching staff. Plenty of opportunities for new faces in the many non-coaching positions.

With so many years of experience Thomas isn't green. Has a good head on his shoulders. For sure he took the correct direction at the fork in the road and will help us get to a bowl game. He'll put down roots in Lincoln after he leaves Pittsburgh. I'm sure he'll use some dressing to disguise his plays so the offense doesn't hit an iceberg. Wonder how much cabbage he'll get from NU. This hire makes me want to cheer and crouton the 'Huskers even more! I bet he's approachable and arugala guy.
Bravo! I hope picking him gets em to a bowl game. If so, tongs to all involved.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back