• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Garrett Nelson

Reading the recent article about Matthew Anderson being anxious to be in Lincoln (at DONU) & the article mentioned how GN was up to 250 :wow: .... me likes hearing that, as GN is my play early, play often defensive sleeper choice.

:Blackshirts::Rockon:

He’s an inch or two shorter than Stille, but I’ll be curious to see if they keep him at OLB or move him down to DE.
I think we've talked about Nelson before. He just seems like he's a heck of a lot more effective when he has a hand in the dirt playing defensive end. He doesn't seem extremely fluid as a stand-up guy playing the second level. Of course we'd like him to be a little taller, but I truly believe this kid is going to make some serious noise when all is said and done.

Needless to say if he's already gained 15 pounds and he's up to 250 the coaches are pegging him to play defensive line.

Last edited:

I think we've talked about Nelson before. He just seems like he's a heck of a lot more effective when he has a hand in the dirt playing defensive end. He doesn't seem extremely fluid as a stand-up guy playing the second level. Of course we'd like him to be a little taller, but I truly believe this kid is going to make some serious noise when all is said and done.

Needless to say if he's already gained 15 pounds and he's up to 250 the coaches are pegging him to play defensive line.
I’ll be interested to see... he’s a little short for what they like on the DL. Newsom was shorter than we typically want, but we went after him anyway, and Nelson is an inch or two shorter than Newsom. Alex Davis is playing OLB at 255, but again has a couple inches on Nelson. He’s much different than the Banks, Piper, and Robinsons we were going after on the DL.

It will all be about what weight his frame can handle. But I agree that him gettin after the QB with his hand in the dirt is what I liked about him in high school.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back